Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Straps...show us your coolest strap.....whaddya got???

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by rjtwangs, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Sean_D

Sean_D Tele-Meister

Jul 12, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    All my guitars have plain old nylon Ernie Ball 2" straps... Mostly black. Nothing to see here... Move along.

Frontier9, Uncle Bob and rjtwangs like this.

2. Dacious

Dacious Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Godzone
    Colour co-ordinate tiger strap On my 69 MIM IMG_20170808_213442.jpg Thinline.

3. ermac68

ermac68 Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

May 2, 2012
    Huntington Beach
    This one is my current favorite.
    IMG_0009.JPG

4. ermac68

ermac68 Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

May 2, 2012
    Huntington Beach
    El Dorado
    IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG [
    ATTACH=full]447489[/ATTACH]
    IMG_0013.JPG

Old reliable
    IMG_0014.JPG

Attached Files:

5. ashtray

ashtray Tele-Holic

Sep 16, 2003
    Ventura County, CA
    I got a couple of the Hendrix Straps - the one with the hearts and another one. I have a bunch of leather ones - nothing overly fancy though. My favorite straps to use (which I can't seem to find at a decent price anymore?) are just cotton straps. Very comfy without being overly so.

I have the leather Fender strap that came with my 62AVRI Custom. Never used. Not my style.

I'm more of a "cheaper strap junkie" - I have used the Fender logo straps, or the Planet Waves geckos, or some of the Joe Satriani ones. Not very original, I know. Again though, I usually gravitate back to a plain white cotton strap.

That said - straps always interest me. When I buy a used guitar that comes with a strap, I'm always excited about it. Sometimes the strap is of more interest to me than the guitar. Maybe its got the logo of a small town music store from the 80's that closed long ago. The older and more used the strap, the greater my interest.

songtalk and rjtwangs like this.

6. Sjnoring

Sjnoring Tele-Afflicted

Jan 26, 2017
    USA
    Count me in the cheapo camp but it matches the burst so well and honestly I've had my Strat slung over my shoulder for a few hours and didn't even think about the strap, which means it was doing its job.

IMG_1499.JPG

7. brogh

brogh Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    Smartypants ;)

Love that one !

ermac68 likes this.

8. The Blood

The Blood Tele-Meister

Dec 31, 2014
    Healdsburg, CA
    Metal buckles? Wow.

9. mesatone01

mesatone01 TDPRI Member

Aug 21, 2013
    va. beach. va.
    Here's my favorites..

IMG_0622.JPG IMG_0621.JPG IMG_0623.JPG Here's some great straps I found on Reverb.com . I've bought 4 of them and am buying one for each of my guitars so they're in the case and ready to go.

These are 100% handmade straps crafted with special skill and care, using only ultra premium top grain leather. They look fantastic and they are really, really comfortable.

Walker & Williams C-34 RB handmade double padded leather strap using all top quality AAA premium materials

•Black Top Grain Leather Top Welt with Red Fitted Insert
    •Ultra Soft Glove Leather Back with Double Thick Padding
    •Contrasting Single Needle Top Stitching
    •3 1/4" wide and adjustable from 44"-54"

jazzman1021 and brookdalebill like this.

10. AngelDeville

AngelDeville Tele-Afflicted

Dec 27, 2007
    Albuquerque
    Each guitar gets its own strap..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    upload may11 2016 195.JPG Wedding belt of the Jicarilla Apache made into a guitar strap by me. The man who made the belt was from the Santa Clara pueblo - married into the badger clan. the triangles on the belt/strap are the symbols for a badger. Logan T-type guitar.

12. 61fury

61fury Tele-Afflicted

Aug 28, 2009
    knoxville, TN
    I epoxied Dollar Store plastic gems to a cheap white glitter strap ( pawn shop, Fort Bryan brand). Problem is that they fall off, epoxy doesn't work. Any suggestions? I did briefly consider a Bedazzler.

libreace strap close up, vg.JPG

CV Jee Beez and Flaneur like this.

13. playforfun

playforfun Tele-Holic

Feb 25, 2013
    Luna Louisiana
    IMG_0650.JPG This was the best pic I could find

CV Jee Beez and AngelDeville like this.

14. jvin248

jvin248 Friend of Leo's

Apr 18, 2014
    Near Detroit, MI

The usual suspects for straps except the
    Blue Jeans model (on the P90 guitar here)
    [​IMG]

It's made from two waistbands threaded together with half a dozen safety pins to set the length. I may make another one sometime; but after I try a full leather build.

Complete with safety strap locks!
    [​IMG]

wayloncash, Flaneur and AngelDeville like this.

15. Chuckster

Chuckster Tele-Meister

Mar 30, 2017
    Boston/Cape Cod
    As a certified Vox slut, this one was a must-have:

image.jpeg

Really well-made, comfortable, and I dig the pick pockets up front.

CV Jee Beez and Sjnoring like this.

16. dmoss74

dmoss74 Tele-Holic

Mar 28, 2010
    usa
    that's friggin' hilarious, and great.

17. Milspec

Milspec Tele-Afflicted

Feb 15, 2016
    Nebraska
    Thanks for the reminder, that is where I got my black and red leather one as well. Really great straps, I might have to order the one with conchos...sort of a Springsteen style.

18. 0911smokey

0911smokey TDPRI Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Rock Hill, SC
    Image1504453086.477832.jpg

I got this one from my dad. He used it when he played in the 70s and early 80s. I think it's pretty cool. Really comfy too!

19. TimmyM

TimmyM Tele-Meister

Jul 2, 2010
    Rialto, CA. USA
    image.jpeg https://www.couchguitarstraps.com/
    I have several Couch straps, they are a smaller local company here in Southern California and they make guitar straps, camera straps, wallets and a few other things. They are all hand-made by a small group of employees. The materials are old/discontinued automotive and luggage vinyl, leather and stuff like that. The photo is my newest strap, it is trunk liner from and old Pontiac GTO. I also have Mustang, VW Jetta, some yellow luggage flower pattern on my vintage Coronado, western black leather on my Gretsch, and maybe a half-dozen more on other instruments. Give them a look-see, they are pretty cool, especially if you are also a car guy.

CV Jee Beez and RYAN1987M like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.