Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Straps...show us your coolest strap.....whaddya got???

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by rjtwangs, Aug 17, 2017.

1. rjtwangs

rjtwangs Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Reston, Virginia
    CV Jee Beez, wayloncash, DonM and 4 others like this.

2. rjtwangs

Jan 18, 2010
    Reston, Virginia
    So, I guess I'm the only one that actually CARES about his straps...??

3. Milspec

Milspec Tele-Afflicted

Feb 15, 2016
    Nebraska
    Just probably limited number of people have pictures of theirs. I do have several and two stand out....give me a couple of minutes and I will post them.

rjtwangs likes this.

4. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2009
    St. George, UT
    Here's my favorite strap. My wife and kids got this for me...oh...probably 20 years ago, no lie. Ironically, I've never played in a church/worship band. But when I got it, I was kind of heavily involved in the Church of Christ (which does not have worship bands, or music, at all...all al capella music only). I love it!!! I've bought other straps over the years, but I keep coming back to this one. In fact, I bought a Couch strap awhile ago, but this one just rules them all so I'm gonna sell the Couch strap.

5. Milspec

Milspec Tele-Afflicted

Feb 15, 2016
    Nebraska
    These are my main two these days. I do have a few others, but this combo has become my favorite.

One is a soft suede one from Seagull that I use for acoustic. You need a washer over the strap button to keep it from slipping off, but it is so darn soft and comfortable.

The other is a very thick and stout 2-layer leather that I use for electrics. I bought it from some seller that made them years ago, I tried to read the stamping, but couldn't make it out. It holds a lot of weight well. It is about as flashy as I could ever get, but the inner red leather really makes it stand out.
    straps.jpg

CV Jee Beez, tery and rjtwangs like this.

6. milocj

milocj Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Aug 21, 2005
    Michigan
    I'm actually pretty much a strap junkie. I still have the first two straps I ever bought in the '70s. My problem is that I have so many favorites I can't pick one. By far the majority of straps in my collection are by Jeridesigns.com but even among them I've got favorite "sentimental" ones, can't pick a favorite as far as what I consider the coolest looking, and some were chosen because they matched a guitar I happened to have as if it was a custom made pairing.

I'm actually in the process of making a custom "chair molding" type of setup with strap buttons on it to hang on each side of some framed guitar related art work that hangs in my living room to display (and keep in one place) all the straps that Jeri alone has made for me.

rjtwangs likes this.

7. Dacious

Dacious Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Godzone
    My flame $5 on my Setzer Hotrod

IMG_20170810_094018.jpg

3-Chord-Genius and rjtwangs like this.

8. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco

9. RYAN1987M

RYAN1987M Tele-Meister Ad Free + Supporter

Dec 5, 2013
    Woodstock, ON

10. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I've been using this checked one lately....

maybe it will attract a few cheques one day....:lol:

grolsh washer.jpg

11. Dacious

Dacious Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Godzone
    Also my gen-u-ine saltwater crocodile PRS and fake leopard skin Strat

IMG_20170715_202801~3.jpg

AngelDeville, tery and rjtwangs like this.

12. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

My Teles usually get this one.... the strap ends are good and thick.

.they never come off, you can carry it any which way with confidence........ :)

Che guitar stand.jpg

tery and rjtwangs like this.

13. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    My favorite strap, by far the best, is two made by Glenn Cronkhite, the guy who used to make such excellent gig bags. It's good quality leather, folded over once to the soft round edge is at you neck side, and cut so it's wide aty your shoulder and more narrow at the mount points. Just the most comfortable, simplest strap.

Moxie and Oliver have some very cool straps, not very RAWK-ish, but pretty cool. I like this one, that lets you put a chunk of your own text, up to 1100 characters

https://moxieandoliver.com/product/smokey-guitar-strap

Also I like this irish-made one:

http://www.leeriverleather.com/product/guitar-strap-celtic/

rjtwangs likes this.

14. michaelsegui

michaelsegui TDPRI Member

Mar 4, 2007
    Woodstock, Ontario, CANADA
    Here is mine... custom made by David Gibson with a serial number to match my guitar:

IMG_4438.JPG
    IMG_4439.JPG
    IMG_4440.JPG
    IMG_4441.JPG
    IMG_4442.JPG
    IMG_4443.JPG

15. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Holic

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I still have this strap...sold the guitar

[​IMG]

16. rjtwangs

Jan 18, 2010
    Reston, Virginia

My strap pictured above, was made for me by Caitlin of moxie and oliver....Caitlin was a joy to work with....I am VERY pleased the way my rocket ship strap turned out....she took my wacky idea and turned it into reality!!!

RJ

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017

17. rjtwangs

Jan 18, 2010
    Reston, Virginia

I am unable to access your photos....says I don't have permission....??

RJ

18. milocj

Aug 21, 2005
    Michigan
    So here are a couple that I could find on this computer. Jeri went out of her way to find some of the branded leather and then added the inside logo as a surprise when she found out my little sister had breast cancer with a nice note.

IMGP0232.JPG IMGP0231.JPG

19. milocj

Aug 21, 2005
    Michigan
    This one just happened to be a great match for a Limited Edition Ric I had picked up.

DSC00909_zpsba1a5238.JPG

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.