Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

*STRANGE* USPS Mail Delivery Mystery!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Anchoret, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Shepherd

Shepherd Friend of Leo's

They're not playing.

2. Toppscore

Toppscore Banned

Most USPS Postal workers I know are EX-Safeway trained employees.
    Just overall bad commitment to anything but excellence.
    They usually play basketball with my amp & guitar shipments.

3. Thundersleet

Thundersleet Tele-Afflicted

[​IMG]

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. elicross

elicross Poster Extraordinaire

Anchoret, do you know if this happened to anyone else in your delivery area? Could be a case of laziness/substance abuse. One day, the mail carrier doesn't feel like making his rounds, so he tosses all the mail in his trunk and goes home, thinking "I'll deliver it tomorrow...one day won't make any difference. And one day becomes two, then three, four, a week...etc. And now the mail carrier's scared to deliver all that mail he's let pile up, 'cause he figures it'll be too obvious what he did.

Then his superiors find out what he's been doing. They don't want it to become public knowledge. So they threaten the mail carrier with prosecution, he coughs up the stockpiled mail, and he or another carrier delivers all of it at once with no explanation.

It's a theory, anyway.

I remember once, in California, I looked out my apartment window and saw a woman in a regular, unmarked car helping the mail carrier deliver mail. He was in his truck and had the normal load of mail...but in the trunk of the woman's car were 2-3 of those white plastic bins full of mail. It may have been perfectly legitimate and innocent...but I couldn't help wondering if the woman was the mail carrier's wife or friend, helping him deliver a bunch of mail he'd let pile up while he took an unauthorized week off....

6. Joe Sailor

Joe Sailor Tele-Afflicted

That is what I thought of when reading your OP.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.