Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Stranderg Salen

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by notmyusualuserid, Jul 22, 2018.

1. kaludjerko

kaludjerko TDPRI Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Hamburg, Germany
    Many thanks for super-quick and detailed reply. This is what i was hoping to hear i'm seriously GAS-ing for one. Just undecided between Salen deluxe and Boden...
    If you get around measuring neck thicknes, i'll appreciate it.

2. RoyalBaby

RoyalBaby Tele-Afflicted

Jul 23, 2013
    Birmingham, UK
    It'd be interesting to try one. I'm not a big fan of the telesque styling as it's a bit neither one thing or the other visually ( to me).

3. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 8, 2010
    Up North
    That thing just isn't for me.
    But, since You have it working for you on the Job, I can hang with that.

4. kaludjerko

kaludjerko TDPRI Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Hamburg, Germany
    It's the matter of prefference and current obsession i guess. During the last year i got into ergonomics of playing and am getting more and more anoyed by strat lack of it (and this is most ergonomic of classic guitars). I did some mods on mine, which is an another topic. At some point something clicked in my head and i got excited about several points of strandberg design.
    Last year this time, i would consider this thing turbo-ugly. :)

5. jfu222

jfu222 Tele-Meister

Oct 18, 2012
    Brooklyn
    Yeah.... the design is just crazy. What’s even crazier is that it’s growing on me as the months pass. I went from “I can live with it” to “ I can’t live without it”! In addition to the looks... the feel of the ergonomics actually contributes to my growing love of the look.

I am glad not everyone likes it. I don’t mind the unique vibe it gives or the strange looks ;-)

I’m selling one of the herd so I can get the stray version of this model

Jakedog likes this.
  6. kaludjerko

kaludjerko TDPRI Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Hamburg, Germany
    Aha, getting a 2nd one? :)

7. jfu222

jfu222 Tele-Meister

Oct 18, 2012
    Brooklyn
    Yeah man ... I’ve just completely fallen in love with the necks and feel. So I want their take on a Stratocaster as well

8. jfu222

jfu222 Tele-Meister

Oct 18, 2012
    Brooklyn
    Yeah it’s not for everyone and probably looks pretty nerdy up there on stage lol... My four yr old daughter has given me the greatest gift in the world... total exhaustion... it allows me to dress horribly , use ugly guitars , tell bad jokes.... and still convince myself that I have taste ;-)

9. stevemc

stevemc Tele-Meister

Mar 7, 2018
    cape cod
    that is one fugly guitar.enjoy op!

10. jfu222

jfu222 Tele-Meister

Oct 18, 2012
    Brooklyn
    Hahaha ...thanks. Happy new year!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.