Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Stinky bass!!

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by ellisvertellis, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Mike SS

Mike SS Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 9, 2012
    Nebraska
    My wife insists on having one of "those" things in our house. She keeps a spray product on hand in case of accidents. It works on all kind of smells, including smelly teenagers. shopping.jpg

ellisvertellis likes this.

2. Sollipsist

Sollipsist Tele-Holic

Aug 25, 2016
    One of my cats loved to pee on anything vinyl or rubber. She got my (not inexpensive!) strobe tuner, which was in a pleather case, and the pee of course made it into the battery compartment and... holy corrosion Batman.

You cat haters will no doubt consider it poetic justice to hear that she was suffering from advanced kidney disease, a common ailment of elderly felines, and later died of it.

I use an apple cider vinegar dilution in a spray bottle for a lot of cleaning. It's rather magical the way it gets rid of nasty odors, including its own, in a matter of minutes.

3. ellisvertellis

ellisvertellis Tele-Holic

Nov 29, 2012
    belgium
    I guess we're lucky with our cat: he doesn't pee in the house, ever. Won't use his litter box either. Only free nature toilets will do! Makes me think he's disgusted by us humans, rather than the other way around...

Thanks for all the tips guys!!

4. zippofan

zippofan Tele-Holic

Mar 16, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    While I loved our cats when we first got married, we discovered that the whole family was allergic. After they passed of old age, my wife decided she would like a dog, so we have two Border Collie mixes. Wonderful dogs, extremely smart, but shedding fur gets everywhere! I had my Fender Standard Tele open a few months ago to mess with different capacitors, and somehow (probably when I did the original wiring), fur had gotten in the control compartment :rolleyes:

5. Finck

Finck Tele-Holic

Oct 11, 2017
    São Paulo - Brazil
    Send me a bottle. I'll make my son drink a little...

zippofan and nojazzhere like this.

6. zippofan

zippofan Tele-Holic

Mar 16, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    I could use a couple gallons for our Scout troop :lol:

7. Jerry Lee

Jerry Lee Tele-Afflicted

May 29, 2011
    La Crescenta, CA
    What can get the smell of cat pee out?
    Fire.

It's a horrible smell but there is hope.

Does it with Nature's Miracle. A product name I will always remember not because we have four cats but because in Shakespeare's Henry the Sixth part one (there are three parts total. Four if you count Richard the Third as some do)
    Anyway in Henry 6 part one Delapole calls Margaret of Anjou "nature's miracle." When I saw the play there were some cat owner who laughed at that line which seemed to confuse the actors for a second.

But back to your problem.

Douse the case inside and out with Nature's Miracle.

Put it outside in the sun and let it dry out. The sun will help with the smell too.

Then just to be safe put a couple of these in the case and leave them there for a few days or weeks.
    odor-eliminator.jpg

8. jimgchord

jimgchord Tele-Meister

Apr 3, 2018
    victor,ny
    The only thing, and I mean the only thing I've ever found to touch cat pee is the scent killer spray that hunters use.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.