Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Stew Mac Golden Age Bodies

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Bones, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    Any thoughts on/experiences with these bodies? Asking about the more expensive swamp ash that is supposed to be grain matched with clear finishes in mind.

2. bullfrogblues

bullfrogblues Friend of Leo's

Jun 5, 2011
    Southeast Florida
    Isn't the maker Clearfork Designs? and a member here? I think Ohlar is his TDPRI name.
    I don't have personal experience with the bodies, but they sure look great.

3. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County
    At one time I bought a finished strat body from Stewmac for a buddy of mine. It was a real well made and finished body.

4. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County
    Ohlar's ( Larry) bodies are nice. I bought a clearance one from him a couple years back through ebay. It was really nice. I used to run into him at the local guitar shows. He's a great guy.

5. dkmw

dkmw Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2016
    Florida USA
    I’m on my third Clearfork body right now.

Let’s keep him a secret, okay guys?

nojazzhere likes this.

6. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

May 11, 2011
    North of Boston
    My partscaster has a Stew Mac finished nitro body and a 2 piece maple neck. I put it together in '91. I don't know who supplied them back then, but 27 years later it still looks and plays great. Been my number 1 all that time.

Tele.jpg

Nickadermis and TigerG like this.

7. TigerG

TigerG Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Aug 14, 2015
    Nashville
    Clearfork is Larry is a regular at the springtime Nashville guitar show, so I've seen tons of his bodies over the years. Great stuff. A few years ago he had a couple stacks of lefty Tele bodies so I bought one made of obeche. Here is the resulting guitar:
    LittleQueenie.jpg

Nickadermis, nojazzhere and Bob M like this.

8. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    Shhh!

9. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    What about StewMac body blanks? Same source? Or do they do those in-house? I have an alder blank that's very nice... waiting for spring...

10. Satch

Satch Tele-Meister

Feb 25, 2011
    Heartland USA
    Just a quick update. Kit Stewart sold Stew-Mac to an equity company a while back so, it's no longer the same family owned business it's been for so many years. Stew-Mac has gone "Big Corp". New owners- New paradigm. I have chosen to withdraw my services & products from their lineup and will no longer supply them with bodies, blanks, etc. It's truly a bittersweet departure as I will miss many of the wonderful people there. It's been a pleasure & honor to work with all of them. I will continue to be a OEM supplier to many guitar companies around the world & Stew-Mac will find another supplier. It's all good! Moving on now.

2blue2 and guitarbuilder like this.

11. 2blue2

2blue2 Friend of Leo's

Jul 20, 2013
    Island of Oahu
    I'm bummed WTF?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.