Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Stew-Mac Diagrams Wrong/Misleading?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Huddy, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Huddy

Huddy Tele-Meister

Nov 5, 2016
    Newport News, VA
    Is it just me or are these reversed for the CTS Push/Pull pots?

1505056832242.png

Just in looking at the diagram for the coil split this would have the coil split in down and humbucker in up position.

Shouldn't down be normal and up be the change?

2. tessting1two

tessting1two Tele-Meister

Apr 13, 2014
    Southern California
    I think they're correct. Compare to this where the switch is 1-C1-2 on the left column and 3-C2-4 on the right column:

[​IMG]

3. Tuxedo Poly

Tuxedo Poly Tele-Afflicted

Dec 19, 2011
    Merseyside UK
    This is afaik the CTS drawing of the pots. It would seem to confirm Huddy's suspicions

CTS_Push_Pull_dwg_resize.jpg

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017

4. Huddy

Huddy Tele-Meister

Nov 5, 2016
    Newport News, VA
    Based on the orientation of that pot in the top picture I'd be tempted to say that's actually "C2" and "3" that they're showing to split when pulling up - which is correct.

5. tessting1two

tessting1two Tele-Meister

Apr 13, 2014
    Southern California
    Looking at that CTS drawing shows you're right! Stewmac has been selling those pots for at least 2 years now so apparently nobody is using their diagrams.

6. Huddy

Huddy Tele-Meister

Nov 5, 2016
    Newport News, VA
    I may just send them a nice little note... I think they come in all their pickups too...

7. Huddy

Huddy Tele-Meister

Nov 5, 2016
    Newport News, VA
    Stewmac confirmed the error. I bet most people just assumed they did them backwards or something... or others knew and never looked at the Stew-Mac diagrams.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.