Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Starting a 6G3 slow build.

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by cap47, Nov 9, 2017.

1. cap47

cap47 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Jul 27, 2014
    bushnell, fl
    I just bought the boards for the cabinet for a 6G3 head. They are not a solid pine but pieces glued and joined to make a pine board. I think this is going to look great stained and sealed. Lots of grain and knot features and smoothed very flat boards warp free. I will be sourcing all the parts as I go and have the $$.

http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss59/cap47/2017-11/20171109_143330.jpg

2. cap47

Jul 27, 2014
    bushnell, fl
    [​IMG]
    Trying the image links because Photobucket has changed plans.

These boards come wrapped in plastic which is nice to keep them from stains nicks and scratches. Cabinet will be Finger Jointed and Pecan stained to match my 5e3 and 212 ext cab.

3. cap47

Jul 27, 2014
    bushnell, fl
    [​IMG]

It will match these,

Fiat_cc likes this.

4. jsnwhite619

jsnwhite619 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Georgia
    Some boiled linseed oil on there a few days before you stain it will make the grain pop even more.

cap47 likes this.

5. cap47

Jul 27, 2014
    bushnell, fl
    Time to update a few tools for the build. My new router came in and now I am going to buy a Finger Joint/Dovetail Jig at Harbor Freight.
    [​IMG]

6. cap47

Jul 27, 2014
    bushnell, fl
    My 6G3 Chassis and Face Plate have arrived so I can start planning and layout the wood for my Head Cabinet and cut to size. Will be after Thanksgiving. Need to go to Harbor Freight for one of their Finger and Dovetail guide tools. I want to try that instead of using Dado blades on my table saw.

Thanks Doug Hoffman for the fast fast shipping, 2nd Day!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Axis29 and jsnwhite619 like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.