Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Star Trek The Original Series

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 7171551, Nov 23, 2018.

1. CalebAaron666

CalebAaron666 Tele-Meister

Dec 2, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    “You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon”

2. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    nIv'e' law' dialects, 'ach standardize dialect prestige tlhoS invariably DotlhDaj sitting ta'.

3. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    Yeah, let's not even talk about how the Borg show up on Enterprise (the show, not the ship), which takes place before any of the other series, even though continuity suggests (and Q explicitly states) that the Federation didn't encounter the Borg until Q showed Picard what terrors the future had to hold for them.

Got that? On TNG, the Borg were a future threat. Yet, they show up on Enterprise, which takes place centuries before.

How does that work again?

Timelines are apparently NOT the Star Trek writers' strong suit.

cyclopean and CalebAaron666 like this.
  4. robt57

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    chaH may' telecasters, loDnI'wI' puqloD kahles

uriah1 likes this.
  5. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 6, 2014
    UK
    Khaless' bat'leth is certainly the telecaster of weapons

eclecticsynergy likes this.
  6. robt57

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    babels ba' pIm dialects

7. BopT

BopT Tele-Afflicted

Feb 6, 2011
    Chicago
    I didn’t get to see Star Trek in color until they played reruns in the afternoon more than ten years later. We use to go to a Bar called Jim’s. They had happy hour and nachos and we watched many an afternoon. There was much rejoicing during those fight scenes!

CalebAaron666 likes this.
  8. AAT65

AAT65 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

IIRC that particular one was explained... I think they were remnants of the Borg who went back in time to try to kill Zephra Cochrane in the film First Contact... were they frozen in the Antarctic or somesuch??

robt57 likes this.
  9. CalebAaron666

CalebAaron666 Tele-Meister

Dec 2, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Yeah, the Borg appearing on enterprise was a stretch, however, the story goes that they were frozen on Earth leftover from the events that took place in the TNG movie First Contact, so it can be argued that it was legit. The only thing Enterprise should be apologizing for is the awful theme song.
    Where as Discovery is horrible cuz it’s trying to appeal to a broader audience and I think when Trek tries to appeal to the masses, it suffers (Don’t get me started on JJ Abrams Trek movies).

soulgeezer likes this.
  10. eclecticsynergy

eclecticsynergy Tele-Holic

Nov 16, 2014
    Albany NY
    I met Sarek once. Mark Lenard, that is, who played Sarek and also the Romulan commander in "Balance Of Terror."

11. robt57

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Played the one arm man in the Harrison Ford 'Fugitive' remake too.

12. eclecticsynergy

eclecticsynergy Tele-Holic

Nov 16, 2014
    Albany NY
    Nope. That was Andreas Katsulas, who did in fact play Commander Tomalak in a couple of TNG episodes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Katsulas

13. robt57

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    I stand corrected.

14. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    “Give me all you’ve got, Scotty, it’s the thickest crust we’ve ever encountered!”

eclecticsynergy, robt57 and uriah1 like this.
  15. 7171551

7171551 Tele-Afflicted

I guess it says something about us all collectively that this thread has ran to 9 pages so far... :lol:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.