Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

St Vincent wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by mjr428, Nov 3, 2017.

1. mjr428

mjr428 Tele-Meister

Nov 20, 2015
    Midlothian, TX
    Can anyone help me out with this? I'm looking for a wiring diagram for the St Vincent guitar. 5th position is bridge, 4th middle, 3rd neck all in series. Then 2nd position is all 3 pickups in parallel and 1st position is neck and bridge parallel... I believe. I'm not having much luck finding one. Any help is much appreciated. Oh yeah, all 3 are mini humbuckers. Thanks in advance!

ndeli55 likes this.

2. ndeli55

ndeli55 Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2008
    oklahoma
    I'm following for the answer

3. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 18, 2014
    Near Detroit, MI

I didn't realize they had that kind of 'wacky' switching system. They must be using a Fender-type 'super switch'.

[​IMG]

ndeli55 likes this.

4. mjr428

mjr428 Tele-Meister

Nov 20, 2015
    Midlothian, TX
    Yeah, I played one briefly a cpuple weels ago and it sounded great. I'm going to build one for my wife as a bday present. It won't be an exact replica, but I want to have the same wiring set up. So you think I'll need to get a super switch? Didn't know there was such a thing...

LutherBurger likes this.

5. mjr428

mjr428 Tele-Meister

Nov 20, 2015
    Midlothian, TX
    So now that I know about the 5 way super switch, I think that is the key... I'll have to do some more research, but I think that'll do it. Still if anyone wants to post a schematic or point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated!

I_build_my_own likes this.

6. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    I'll be watching for the answer, too. Meanwhile, Ill just do some Chinese Calculus--much simpler. :lol::lol:

7. mjr428

mjr428 Tele-Meister

Nov 20, 2015
    Midlothian, TX
    Another clue... 1510704828459.jpg
    Indeed a super switch. Maybe I can go to a guitar center and ask if I can open up the control cavity and take a picture

Ekko likes this.

8. edeibler

edeibler TDPRI Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Damascus, MD
    I've been wondering about this, too, as I slowly collect the parts to make my own St. Vincent model. (Just got the rosewood neck on sale from Stratosphere.com. I contacted EB/MM customer support asking for a wiring diagram. They sent one. Unfortunately, the switch, pots and pickups are connected to a small pcb, the traces of which are not visible.

Attached Files:

mjr428 likes this.

9. edeibler

edeibler TDPRI Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Damascus, MD
    Never mind, I wasn't reading it closely enough. (Those letters on the pcb are awfully tiny). It appears to be perfectly usable.

10. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    I'm pretty impressed they sent that.

11. ndeli55

ndeli55 Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2008
    oklahoma
    Yeah it’s surprising I know they are pretty dilligent about withholding or protecting their property

12. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

Feb 7, 2011
    Lewes De.
    Easy wiring. Fender Superswitch. Three zeros go to + on V & T controls. Hard ground the p-ups. Connect the Hot of each p-up to the appropriate post. For example Bridge goes to 1, 4, 5. Neck 3, 4, 5. Middle 2, 4.

13. Chordophonic

Chordophonic Tele-Meister

Oct 4, 2013
    Isle of Wight UK
    Nearly finished my "Dano Vinsaint" (Body maker is called Dan) St V copy, body shape taken from a screen shot, so not 100% in Mahogany, recycled Danelectro neck, 3 P90's, Modded Toronado bridge, Strat wiring.....just finished wiring it today and have strung it up and a basic setup, sounds great![​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2018

14. ndeli55

ndeli55 Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2008
    oklahoma
    I really just want the source for those cool triangle knobs they use

edeibler likes this.

15. edeibler

edeibler TDPRI Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Damascus, MD
    Per DiMarzio tech support: the neck and middle PU's are DP168's, which are now only available as custom order or as NOS models, online. The bridge PU is the DP243. The 168's, because they're NOS, start at $99 online. They're also available from DiMarzio as a custom order, but I don't know the price-point. The DP243 is a standard-issue number, likewise available for $99. You can still find the DP168's on ebay, for the original offering price. I have no idea what they would cost as custom-ordered numbers.

Steveinthesticks likes this.

16. edeibler

edeibler TDPRI Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Damascus, MD
    I know, right?

ndeli55 likes this.

17. edeibler

edeibler TDPRI Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Damascus, MD
    I was kinda surprised myself.

18. mjr428

mjr428 Tele-Meister

Nov 20, 2015
    Midlothian, TX
    Thanks for posting this. I didn't bother asking because I figured they would never send it... I guess I'll just ask next time.

19. edeibler

edeibler TDPRI Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Damascus, MD
    So, I finally got around to wiring this up on a Warmoth body with a solid rosewood neck. Little disappointed with the body, but I won't go into that here. The tonal flexibility of this wiring setup is astounding. My only gripe, and it's a minor one, is that the 4th position (all three pickups on) produces a great cluck tone, but it ends up sounding somewhat muffled compared to all other settings. Thoughts?

20. Chordophonic

Chordophonic Tele-Meister

Oct 4, 2013
    Isle of Wight UK
    Care to share the wiring schematic?

bender66 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.