Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Squire model rundown

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by guitarmoron, Sep 13, 2017.

1. guitarmoron

guitarmoron TDPRI Member

Jun 9, 2014
    arkansas
    just when I thought I understood, could someone give me a quick and dirty rundown on new squire tele models?

thanks

2. RegularJim

RegularJim TDPRI Member

May 24, 2017
    Winthrop Harbor, IL
    They start out with the Bullet for around $149, then there's several different varieties of the Affinity for around $199, Standards for $249, Classic Vibe for $399, Vintage Modified for $399, and the VM thinline and CV Custom for around $449. Just past that, you're into Fender territory with the Modern Player models for around $499. There's also a few artist models in the Squier range for around $400.

Classic Vibes are known for their great sound and quality. The Affinity models are a good value, but may leave you wanting for something a little better.

Here's a link: http://shop.fender.com/en-US/squier...efv1=Telecaster&cgidx=squier-electric-guitars

drf64, hotpot and xafinity like this.

3. guitarmoron

guitarmoron TDPRI Member

Jun 9, 2014
    arkansas
    thanks! could you put a standard strat neck on an affinity? I mean will it fit?

4. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    In principle almost any telecaster neck will fit, except for a Fender Modern Player neck (because it has 22 frets without overhang and therefore is longer than a normal neck).

In principle almost any stratocaster neck will fit, because a telecaster neck pocket is square and allows for a more rounded heel (like from a strat neck) to be used. It normally doesn't fit the other way around.

You could also get a VM Deluxe which has a strat neck ;-). All Squier VMs and CVs models are very very good.

Teleposer likes this.

5. Strebs

Strebs Tele-Meister

Dec 24, 2015
    Birmingham, AL
    The Bullet FSR Models in Surf Green and BSB currently have a string through bridge and are really solid guitars. They're a $150 steal right now, IMO.

6. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Not really, but you could MAKE it fit if you have the skills. Also, scale length may differ.

The Tele has a rounded heel, the Strat is straight.

7. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    At this side of the pond it is the other way around, and therefore it should work.

8. jwmanz

jwmanz Tele-Meister

Nov 27, 2012
    Indiana
    I've read that some of the Squier Teles have a thinner neck than your usual modern C neck and some have thinner bodies. Can anyone comment on what models are a little different in dimensions?

9. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    The idea of the thinner neck is about universal. But they are not thinner at the heel (as far as I know). A Fender neck should fit a Squier body with the exception of the modern player neck. (Which is 22 frets without overhang and that would result in a wrong distance between the nut and the saddles.

The affinity has a thinner body, but I suppose the neck pocket is the same depth as I regularly see affinities here with new necks.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.