Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Squire Cabronita gut shot?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by wwit, Oct 4, 2013.

1. wwit

wwit Tele-Holic

Hi with some of the chit chat about the Squire and MIM Cabronita sharing Fedeli'trom pickups, Im curious if the volume pot and switch are the same also?

Anyone have a clear gut shot of their control cavity of their Squire Cab yet they could post? Im really curious about this. Im considering the Squire Cab w/Bigsby model and am wondering if the Squire and MIM share the same pot and switch.

2. Randypttt

Randypttt Tele-Afflicted

It would be nice if Fender (even MIM) and Squier used the same quality pots but they don't. Almost all of the Squiers I've owned, and I've owned or own two CV models, and a Standard, the pots have crapped out.
    That's probably the biggest difference between the two. I've heard good things about both Cabronitas. Good luck with yours.

3. wwit

wwit Tele-Holic

Yeah Thanks.

My MIM uses what looks like CTS pot. I only took a brief look in the cavity, being nosey. Ive had a couple MIC Squires also in the past. Both had pretty cheezy pots in them. I replaced all of my Squire wiring fairly quickly for better pots and 4 wire switching.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. gsh1968

gsh1968 Tele-Holic

My MIM had a full size solid shaft Alpha pot.

6. savofenno

savofenno Tele-Afflicted

My CV50 Tele and Custom II Tele both have full sized Alpha pots. My VM Precision TB bass has Fender stamped wide range hb pickup. All these were as stock. There is more of similar cases among my Squiers.;)

7. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity

250K mini-pot (split shaft) not sure what the switch is, it's just a modular box switch.

Attached Files:

8. wwit

wwit Tele-Holic

Aww Thanks. I was wondering about the mini pot. Its what I had run into on a couple other Squires.

So the Fideli'Trons in the Squire are a huge bonus for that guitar. But keeping things as inexpensive as possible, they still skimp on the pot and switch. Makes sense and is all easily upgradable.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.