Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Squire Bullet SS Surf Green

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Todd2a, May 31, 2017.

1. blackspider57

blackspider57 TDPRI Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    First order of 100 sold in five days.
    Second order of 50 sold out in two days.
    Musicians Friend said one more order of 50 will arrive soon.
    Get them while you can.

2. bontay50

bontay50 TDPRI Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Hartselle, Al.
    My s IMG_20170604_142914_hdr.jpg IMG_20170604_142914_hdr.jpg urf green squire loaded body....added my Mim standard neck from a 2000 fender I bought new 17 years ago...just got it put together... Bout to plug her up and start the set up.....woohoo....this 61 year old lady rock star is very proud and excited

Attached Files:

richey88, TheOneTrueSID and Todd2a like this.

3. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Did you paint the wall and molding to match the guitar?

4. brbadg

brbadg Tele-Holic

Mar 11, 2008
    Timonium,Maryland
    Those older Squiers are blue, not green.

5. Skyo

Skyo TDPRI Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Scotland
    That's a really nice looking guitar - love the colour :D

6. Kerberos

Kerberos Tele-Meister

Nov 27, 2016
    Long Island
    Great looking guitar! If it sounds nice, and plays nice...it's a keeper! Nothing wrong with a Squier, I've owned a couple and they were great. Congrats on a wonderful find!

7. 68Telebass

68Telebass Tele-Afflicted

Aug 2, 2014
    Northern Arizona
    ...must resist.....don't have just a "straight" tele....hmmmmm....
    Such a great color- I REALLY want to grab one....darn it- for $130 or less...I can scrape that up...
    Someone other that Blackheart must talk me out of this insanity.

8. Todd2a

Todd2a TDPRI Member

May 31, 2017
    Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
    They are back on ebay lol! How will you feel when they are all gone? Sucks I just broke the high E on mine now I have to wait till the Ernie Balls I just ordered come in.

9. blackspider57

blackspider57 TDPRI Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    Wow!!!!! First impression is WOW!!!!!!
    Just played for two hours with no adjustments on factory strings. WOW!!!!!!
    Maybe I am easily impressed but WOW!!!
    More comments later.
    Fresh from the box........ WOW!!!!! :) :)

Attached Files:

10. 68Telebass

68Telebass Tele-Afflicted

Aug 2, 2014
    Northern Arizona
    I'm in- I'll get it as a "birthday present for a buddy of mine...he has my VM72 thin line on long loan.
    I'll "bite" the Bullet for him..

Todd2a likes this.

11. Todd2a

Todd2a TDPRI Member

May 31, 2017
    Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
    Awesome blackspider glad you love it I do too. I just got my CV in yesterday look at this pair! 0608171501.jpg

nicod98 likes this.

12. rls1952

rls1952 TDPRI Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Arlington, TX
    I got one at $129 and it came in excellent condition, truss rod set correctly as well as intonation. I decided to make some small changes as follows:

- replace butterfly string tree with button-style tree

- replace felt spacer on lower strap button, original was torn

- clean and oil the fretboard (Gorgomyte and Fret Doctor bore oil)

- replace chromed cast saddles with SS milled saddles

- sand neck and neck pocket mating surfaces

- drill out body neck holes to allow neck screws to clamp the body

- replace existing jack and cup with Electrosocket and Switchcraft jack

- polish frets and bevel fret ends for tiny amount of fret sprout

- setup and adjust for D'Addario 10-46 strings

Total cost of parts was about $18. Pictures show some of the changes. I'm leaving the harness alone as well as the pickups. Body was partially shielded but it's quiet so I'm not doing any more for now. I'm impressed.

IMG_8771.JPG IMG_8774.JPG IMG_8775.JPG IMG_8780.JPG IMG_8781.JPG IMG_8788.JPG IMG_8790.JPG IMG_8792.JPG

jamout76, JCW1024, Skyo and 4 others like this.

13. rockymtnguitar

rockymtnguitar Tele-Meister

Aug 30, 2012
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Think I'm going to bite the bullet (see what I did there?) and grab one of these. I've had a bridge Lil59 for tele laying around for a year or so now and have been wanting to build another esquire with it. I know that in many of the above posts folks are buying this guitar with the intention of modding it and then realizing it's good as-is, but since I have a specific configuration in mind, I'm pretty sure I'll do the mod. Who knows, maybe a 2nd stock one is in order at some point soon. Looks like Musicians Friend is backordered until June 26th... bummer.

Wiring:
    Position 1 - full humbucker with tone
    Position 2 - tapped with tone
    Position 3 - full humbucker direct to jack?

Not sure yet...

14. Ira7

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Those things often come in early. Happened to me with two Fender products with MF.

Order it now before they up the price.

15. wblynch

wblynch Tele-Meister

Apr 24, 2017
    California USA
    Too Late... the $129 is gone (for now at least)

16. johnnywizzo

johnnywizzo Tele-Meister

Dec 20, 2014
    Vermont
    Has anyone had trouble with the placement of the bridge on these guitars? I just got one, and when I went to restring it, I noticed that the low "E" string wouldn't feed through the saddle. Closer inspection revealed the problem. When the saddle is adjusted so that the guitar is properly intonated, it is too far back to line up with the string hole in the back of the guitar. The only way to restring it is to move the saddle forward to line up with the string hole in the body, thereby throwing off the intonation. It also bends the string at an angle towards the rear just below the saddle as you move the saddle back in place.

This makes string change a major pain, and takes a lot of time to fuss with the intonation. It looks like the only fix would be to relocate the bridge plate further back. This is a bad design.

17. Ira7

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    That's common on my partscasters and bargain guitars. Sometimes I just have to lift and twist the saddle a little and you can snake it through somehow.

Doesn't require me to have to reintonate, but even if so, not the end of the world if we're just talking one string.

18. danclax

danclax TDPRI Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Mississippi
    I just bought one of these from musiciansfriend. I dont typically post on here just mostly read, but will post some pics when i receive it. I hope to do some modding on this guitar. Seemed like a good foundation to start with. Musiciansfriend has a 15% off coupon (GOFOURTH) when you call in that applies to this guitar. (If anybody is interested)

19. Ira7

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Congrats!!!

20. ChipOnly

ChipOnly Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2009
    Champaign, IL
    I just came home with one from Guitar Center. I assure you that buying another telecaster was not on the agenda when I awoke this morning. These are a steal, IMO. Or the mid-grade Fender stuff is a rip-off. Your choice, there. ;)

Pickups sound fine, just like a tele. No need to replace them. Finish is great and the fret ends smooth. Maybe I just got "a good one" or whatever, but let's face it, there isn't a ton of craftsmanship going into a basic tele like this, nor need there be. It's all in the set-up, I think. She's a looker, and a player, and at $150, an awful cheap date.

I don't intend to change anything about this guitar. No bologna, I could gig this tele tonight.

JCW1024 and Ira7 like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.