Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Squier Standard Telecaster: Electronics Question

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by djh22, Jul 16, 2017.

1. djh22

djh22 Tele-Meister

Jan 12, 2012
    VA
    I recently acquired this 2000 Squier for little more than my time.

upload_2017-7-16_20-51-43.jpeg

The plastic nut was the first order of business, So I opened the parts box ...

Well, some brass caught my eye, and after a "bubba mod" I now have brass compensated saddles in the bridge.

I also remembered the pair of Alexander Pribor Blues Tele pickups that I always liked, so they're in there now.

Since the jack was falling out, and there happened to be an ElectroSocket jack cup and a Switchcraft jack in the parts box, they fit right in.

Figured since I was replacing stuff, and again, they were in the parts box, I'd go with full size CTS pots and a Switchcraft 3-way switch.

Well, the pots are a tight fit, but the switch is a no-go (as was the CRL switch). I didn't realize that the control rout would be a different depth.

So my question - Can anyone recommend something other than this Chinese 3-way switch? upload_2017-7-16_21-23-18.jpeg

(FWIW, the parts box was devoid of guitar nuts or material.)

Thanks!

2. Asmith

Asmith Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    Do you own a chisel?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.