Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Squier: Standard tele versus Classic Vibe

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by FatRosie, Oct 26, 2013.

1. rich815

rich815 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Was going post exactly this.

2. MonkeyJefferson

MonkeyJefferson Tele-Meister

Oct 26, 2010
    Nonurbana
    All day long. Or buy a Replacement neck , and take your time building a partscaster. A cheap guitar can cost twice as much It needs a bunch of modding.

3. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    I've had and gigged 2 Classic Vibe Tele's. I have smaller hands and get along fine with the necks. I still gig with a CV Strat, and I agree that it boils down to how you like the neck. I personally think the CV pickups are stellar. I'm poor so budgetary concerns come in to play too. The CV's stay in tune just fine and are a great bang for the buck. I got one of the Tele's used for around $200, and my Strat was used and modded with a brass bridge block and same $ neighborhood...

4. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    Just saying. I haven't played a lot of Squier standards, but if you find one you like the feel and tone of, go for it. No label snobbery here. I like CV's...

5. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    I think the CV is WELL worth the extra $, but there is one potential issue. The necks on the CVC 50's style model, which i happen to own, is the thinnest neck i have ever seen one nay fender or squier. The CV's overall have very thin necks, but that one is the thinnest and it's kinda ridiculous. I LOVE my CVC and find the quality and the overall package a tele that could hang with far more expensive ones and is well ahead of a MIM standard. But lately i have found myself having a problem when i play my other guitars them go to the CVC. The neck just bothers me unless i only play the CVC. Then i get used to it and it bothers me less but still not good. It frustrates the H outa me because i love that thing so much and the frets/fingerboard are just to die for. So you might want to play one first if you haven't. I'm looking at replacing the neck which is too much $ into a guitar a paid $350 for but it;s either that or sell it. ​

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.