Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Squier Esquire

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by EspyHop, Jul 4, 2018.

1. EspyHop

EspyHop TDPRI Member

May 28, 2018
    Dayton, OH
    Has one ever existed?

If not, but it was something they were considering, would it be called the Esquier?

Otis Fine likes this.

2. Otis Fine

Otis Fine Tele-Meister

Jun 3, 2016
    Chicago, Illinois
    If so, half the people on here would spell it Esquire.

3. Mr Scallywag

Mr Scallywag Tele-Holic

Apr 15, 2016
    Australia
    At last, a Squier that would be impossible to misspell. Or would it? My head hurts just thinking about it.

Ira7 likes this.

4. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    You would be surprised how many ways you can spell Squier Esquire, Squier Esquier, Squire Esquire, Squire Esquier, ... :cool:

I'm in the process of building one (still gathering parts), but as far as I know, there never has been a Squier Esquire.

5. ScribbleSomething

ScribbleSomething Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

Mar 12, 2016
    San Antonio
    I don’t think there’s been a production version, but I’ve seen quite a few pictures of converted ones.

nojazzhere likes this.

6. johio

johio TDPRI Member

Jun 1, 2018
    Ohio
    I’m working on one right now myself.

chemobrain likes this.

7. chemobrain

chemobrain Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    that's cool, good for you. will you post photographs of it when it's finished , please.

8. rockymtnguitar

rockymtnguitar Tele-Meister

Aug 30, 2012
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Converted my Classic Vibe. SO sweet - my #1. It's the guitar I pick up when I need to learn something new or when I'm writing. I've strongly considered another one from the recent Bullet series but, well, am spending my time looking for a job instead :(

IMG_1490.JPG

TheOneTrueSID likes this.

9. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Too confusing. Be like G&L and call it something else. G&L's Esquire is the "Solamente".

10. Slim Chance

Slim Chance Tele-Holic

Mar 1, 2011
    Beltway, USA
    Or the all digital version, the E-Squire.

11. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    It would be a huge long term marketing goals flop.

Squier buyers buy Squiers for modding, and E squires need no mods unless they inherently suck, so FMIC would have to either build guitars that suck or build guitars that are so good we would all lose our GAS, stop shopping, and just play the darn things.

12. BigDaddyLH

I've never seen a stat on how many Squiers are bought for modding, but folks who mod aren't going to let an Esquire model stop them! For modding sake, I assume it would come with a neck pup rout, or even better a swimming hole.

Plus, if you are going to install your own neck and bridge pups, why pay for a bridge pup you're going to removed pronto?

telemnemonics likes this.

13. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    Hmmm.
    If all that is true it might explain why I never get call backs on all those marketing exec jobs I've been applying for!

Maybe Squier should just wake up and sell unloaded guitars!
    Sort of like preassembled kits but with no hardware.

Or better still, maybe Squier should buy GFS and tighten up the standards a little so buyers could at least expect cheap parts to pretty much work and fit.

Then FMIC could unload all the scratch & dent Squier stock, and sell Squier parts twice, so the modders could take out the cheap "Squier" parts and buy more cheap non-Squier parts to put in!

Given that modders seem to sell Squire necks on ebay for more than the whole guitar sold for, simply by stripping and respraying (plus that $250 decal), it seems pretty clear that the modding market is a huge driving force in the electric guitar market, possibly bigger than the pro musician market.

I guess that's kind of the definition of modern marketing!

Realistically though a Squier Esquire could list for $100 more than it sold for with two pickups, if they simply gave it an FSR designation. Or a SSR...
    So where is it???

14. BigDaddyLH

I'm writing you a million dollar cheque for this idea right now!

telemnemonics likes this.

15. Sollophonic

Sollophonic Friend of Leo's

Nope, but a lot of folks have created them

[​IMG]

Latest one of quite a few.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.