Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Squier Blacktop?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by nicod98, Apr 10, 2017.

1. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    I found this model on eBay (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148343&icep_item=201757301045)
    I post the picture here for later reference:

Squier Haruna.JPG

It's apparently a Squier Artist model Haruna. But it looks (except for the paintjob) a lot like the fender blacktop series of a few years ago (including reversed control plate and witch hat knobs).

Is it Squier Japan only? I'd love to see one in LPB... (GAS)
    Does anyone know more about this one?

tintag27 likes this.

2. Dirtyclinic

Dirtyclinic TDPRI Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Utah
    That is pretty cool looking.

3. Randypttt

Randypttt Tele-Afflicted

Feb 8, 2010
    Elyria Oh
    If it's Squier I would think it's
    Chinese.
    Either way it's probably on par with the Fender Blackouts. I think those were MIM.:rolleyes:

4. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    Why would you think that?

Most of my Squier telecasters are Indonesian (only top load Affinity, Classic Vibe and one Vintage Modified model I have were actually Chinese).
    I might believe that most of the Squier guitars that are sold are Chinese (The Affinity and CV are probably the ones that sell the best), but in the past Indonesian factories have delivered more different models (more diversity).

Got me a Jim Adkins Fender JA-90 recently, and it too, was made in Indonesia. I suspect this Squier Artist model to be Indonesian too.

Edit: It is Indonesian: http://www.alphabetcityblog.com/2014/11/finally-haruna-skullsilver-telecaster.html
    It shows a nice picture of the back of the headstock.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.