Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Squier Better Than Fender????

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by techowiz, Jul 11, 2017.

1. blille

blille Tele-Holic

Don't underestimate #4 in a bar fight, a heavier guitar means better impact.

techowiz and Ira7 like this.

2. blille

blille Tele-Holic

There's a bunch out there, here's one

awasson likes this.

3. blackspider57

blackspider57 TDPRI Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    Don't give up on it so quickly. It's trying to get to know you :)

awasson likes this.

4. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    You're Scottish. I'm Jewish.

No further explanation required.

5. 5ofeight

5ofeight Tele-Holic

Oct 17, 2016
    Glasgow
    But my mum is neither.

6. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Some of us get our heritage from injection (literally), and others, environment.

7. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    I just got the same one, no tuning issues, sounds great. Feels marvelous (put my size strings, a little graphite in the nut slots, tweaked the saddles with a clip-on tuner). Ready for the stage. Frets were well dressed. Go figure.....

8. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    Just played her at practice (we jam at gig volume and I tend to play harder), held tune ok, 1 retune in 2 hours. Did not use my pedals but rode the volume with 1 fuzz. Color me happy.

9. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Five reasons that

Clickbait

Is better than the honest truth.

There's nothing wrong with an inexpensive, giggable guitar you can hide behind the bar. Or give, on impulse, to a kid who has no guitar that could really use one.

MonkeyJefferson likes this.

10. Sjnoring

Sjnoring Tele-Afflicted

Jan 26, 2017
    USA
    All true. Affinities have some different specs than Americans, most notably the spacing of the bridge screws. It's no small feat to put a quality aftermarket bridge on an Affinity.

11. Sjnoring

Sjnoring Tele-Afflicted

Jan 26, 2017
    USA
    I upgraded my Squier to pro grade.

The problem is the player hasn't been upgraded to pro quality.

nicod98 likes this.

12. Sjnoring

Sjnoring Tele-Afflicted

Jan 26, 2017
    USA
    I'd suggest this is even possible with an Affinity if you choose carefully and get one with a good neck. Where you might run up costs here though is in labor because to attach a new bridge you have to fill the old screw holes and drill new ones. So if you don't have a handy buddy who will work for beer, a CV might be a better place to start.

If you can do it all yourself, and lots of people on this forum can, you can blow away a MIA for $500-$600.

13. MuddyWolf

MuddyWolf TDPRI Member

May 11, 2017
    Paradise, Ca
    I really dont find anything wrong with the current affinty 6 saddle bridge . I dabbed a tinybit of loctite in a couple of spots and no rattle or vibration caused movement. Its the pickups that really need an upgrade. The stock ones are good for a start but they need some improvement for pro situations.

14. Darkness

Darkness Tele-Holic

Apr 7, 2016
    Stygian Gulf
    Nah, my eyes and ears would confirm it is the subordinate guitar to an American Fender. Doesn't mean that Squiers are bad guitars, just that you get what you pay for. And from what I hear, Squiers are a good bang for the buck.

15. Matthew2

Matthew2 TDPRI Member

Jul 23, 2017
    US
    There's nothing "subordinate" about a Squier IMO. Certainly not in terms of tone. No reliability issues have yet reared their head for me either (mine are about 5 years old with stock electronics). I'm not stranger to "high end" guitars either.

16. Stratohacker

Stratohacker Tele-Meister

Apr 18, 2013
    California
    [​IMG]

Well, he was looking for a response.

For the money Squires are great guitars, but better than Fenders....

17. rjtwangs

rjtwangs Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Reston, Virginia
    This thread is over 4 years in the making AND it will go for another 4 years if the admins allow it.....this is one of those debates/questions that has no real answer.....all there is, let me repeat that....ALL THERE IS....is opinions and personal favorites....that's all there ever will be....opinions....one is no better than the other....have at it....

RJ

imho....

nicod98 likes this.

18. chiefline

chiefline Tele-Holic

Mar 18, 2014
    new jersey
    Yeah it's all about how many subscribers they get
    Don't forget to hit the link below and subscribe to my channel!!

19. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    I'm not sure where you get the idea that this thread is over 4 years old comes from... There are lots of old brand/opinion threads on TDPRI but this one is pretty new. It started this month, this year and the video it pertains to was put on Youtube a few days before the thread.

Anyway, there's always something interesting, outrageous or funny to read on these discussions.

nicod98 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.