Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Springsteen in the NY Times

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by dswo, Oct 1, 2017.

1. dswo

dswo Tele-Meister

May 1, 2016
    East Carolina
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/27/arts/music/bruce-springsteen-broadway.html?_r=0

Good article, especially the end:

I’ve played 'Born to Run,' many, many times...But the key is, you have to approach it not as a repetition but as a renewal...You have a chance of renewing the emotion and the spirit in that music on a nightly basis. That’s the place I work to get to every night when I’m onstage. I think that if the foundation of what you’ve built is built well, you’ll be able to inhabit it on a nightly basis and your audience will come in and it will feel like they’re seeing it for the first time. (laughs) That’s my plan, anyway.​

[​IMG]

Why did they pose him, though, with a Strat Jazzmaster? [Thanks, hemingway, for the correction below.]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Stubee, TigerG, matrix and 1 other person like this.

2. hemingway

hemingway Friend of Leo's

Mar 14, 2012
    London, UK
    Looks more like a jazzmaster

3. dswo

dswo Tele-Meister

May 1, 2016
    East Carolina
    You're right!

4. Gary in Boston

Gary in Boston Friend of Leo's

Apr 17, 2003
    WALTHAM MA
    I do like the fact that he took the time to write a letter and clarify.

It's cute the he spelled Jimi's name wrong UNLESS he knows something I don't.

He's a good guy really.

Gary

5. matrix

matrix TDPRI Member

Apr 13, 2016
    Vancouver, BC
    Oh man, thanks for sharing that....love the quote, the photo is awesome and I LOOOOOVE that letter. Awesome.

6. Anode100

Anode100 Friend of Leo's

May 9, 2014
    Behind my beard.
    That's brilliant!

And he's right - there are two kinds of people in the world - 'S' types, and 'T' types...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.