Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Spray Painting your guitar?

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by djt, Aug 4, 2006.

1. QehQeh

QehQeh TDPRI Member

Aug 3, 2012
    So Cal
    Silverface: Where is your local source? Like you, sometimes I would rather shoot out of can than go through the prep and clean-up of using the spray rig.

2. tkemi97

tkemi97 NEW MEMBER!

Oct 13, 2015
    Serbia - Knjazevac
    Homemade finish

Hello everyone. A month ago i bought guitar with homemade swirl finish. Few days ago paint started to crack (mint). Is there a solution to fix this issue. Please help im desperate :cry: .. Thanks in advance!

3. JimiRayKing

JimiRayKing Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Marietta, Georgia
    Hi tk. Your really new here so I'll try to help you out. Your in the right area, but you'll get more participation if you start a new thread instead of tagging onto one that ended 3 years ago. They call these zombie threads. I'd suggest reposting as a new thread and deleting this one. Now, for my answer to your question. There are a lot of variables here that you may not know the answer to - what kind of paint was used etc. But, at he end of the day, if the paint is peeling and bubbling, you have a problem that can't be easily fixed. If it were mine, I'd sand it and refinish it. Others may have better ideas and differing opinions. But do consider starting a new thread. Don't be afraid to jump in as a new guy. The folks around here are nice and will help all they can. Good luck.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.