Specs for a 1953 Telecaster Neck?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Bud Veazey, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Bud Veazey

Bud Veazey Tele-Holic

A client is looking for a neck that exactly matches the neck on his favorite 1953 Fender Telecaster. Can anybody tell me what the specs were on that vintage neck? Shape? Thickness at 1st and 12th frets? Width at nut? Fretwire? I'd take the measurements myself, but the client and the guitar are on a ship somewhere in the Carribbean without calipers.

2. BritishBluesBoy

BritishBluesBoy Former Member

Back then all the necks were made by hand and as such each one was different. I guess you and your client will just have to wait until he gets back...

3. LarryM

LarryM Tele-Holic

4. sonny wolf

sonny wolf Friend of Leo's

I played a 1953 Telecaster several times at my local GC(they want $48000!!!).The neck feels very similar to my 2007 52 reissue Tele.Of course no two necks are exactly the same....especially from those days when they were more handmade.The 1953 one had the same thickness and width as my reissue with that same profile...a slightly V meets a C profile.

5. Bud Veazey

Bud Veazey Tele-Holic

Thanks for the input. I'm going to suggest to the client that if he's in a hurry for the neck he needs to go down to the ship's engine room and find some calipers.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.