Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Speaker replacement in a Hot Rod DeVille 212

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by shupe13, Jul 19, 2010.

1. shupe13

shupe13 TDPRI Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Greenfield, IN
    I'm in the process of dropping Eurotube JJ blues option #2s into my HRD 212 and I'm looking at replacing the loudspeakers as well. I've been looking at Celestion. Possibly the Classic Lead speakers or maybe the Red Coat Swamp things. IDK. My stock loudspeakers are 8 ohm.

I chose the Blues option #2 to drop my wattage from 60 to 40 and to make the overdrive channels usable. I don't like the drive channels at all with my current set up and I want nice breakup at lower volumes.

I play heavy blues to heavy metal. I have several distortions to get my tone, but I'd like to use natural amp tone, hence the mods.

My guitars are all Strats (single coils and humbuckers) and a Tele (wide range buckers) for now, but I have a Les Paul in the works.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks in advance.

2. Greg M

Greg M Tele-Holic

Sep 4, 2003
    Virginia
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.