Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Speaker cab for modeling pedal?

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by mnutz, Aug 29, 2017.

1. mnutz

mnutz Tele-Holic

I've got a Vox Stomplab 1G that I use for headphone practice. I'd like to get something that I can take outside to practice with too, but don't want to wear headphones outside.

The reviews of the little Vox Amplug cabinet sound like a toy AM radio. Are their any decent sounding battery powered cabs that I can plug the Stomplab into?

I know their are battery powered amps that would do the trick, but I dont need all they offer. The amp sims on the Stomplab are pretty good sounding, at least through headphones.

Thanks!

2. VintageSG

VintageSG Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Huddersfield, UK
    Search out a Bluetooth speaker for 'phones that also supports a cable input. Some of them are really rather good. Some are shonky as all get. Mine has no manufacturer marks on it, but is called a Model BE-10. Stereo, 5-6 hours battery life per charge and for close quarter listening, really good. Capable of going quite loud.

HTH

mnutz likes this.

3. mnutz

mnutz Tele-Holic

Just came across the Marshall Killburn. That thing looks about perfect!

Like usual though, I just wasn't planning to spend that much.

4. mnutz

mnutz Tele-Holic

Found the Samson Escape for $99. Rechargeable battery and 1/4" line level input. Can't find any sound clips though. Anyone ever try one?

5. arielyitus

arielyitus Tele-Meister

May 4, 2016
    Clarkston, Mi
    I had an atomic amplifire 12 which sounded great through headphones but it sounded bad with some bose speaker I have.

I would recommend to try your stomplab with the speaker before buying.

mnutz likes this.

6. codamedia

codamedia Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2009
    Western Canada
    Do you have a portable stereo with an AUX input?
    How about an unused set of powered speakers from the computer.

Of course.... $10 junk will sound like $10 junk, but if you have something decent laying around - put it to work. I have an old set of Yamaha computer speakers I wouldn't hesitate to hook up to my modelers for low volume usage.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017

7. Dacious

Dacious Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Godzone
    The little Roland battery amp, 2 watts, good sounding effects, pretty decent tone, loud enough to practice outdoors or can use headphones for room.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.