Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Sparklehorse

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by mnutz, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Geoff738

Geoff738 Poster Extraordinaire

May 11, 2007
    Toronto
    Mark is much missed.

Cheers,
    Geoff

mnutz likes this.

2. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    Great stuff, Sparklehorse. Favorite song: Happy Man (Memphis Version) off the Distorted Ghost EP. Love the kick-ass version of that song. "I woke up in a horse's stomach one foggy morning/he eyes were crazy, and he smashed into the cemetery gates"

Read an article (Rolling Stone?) that said he passed out after a show in his hotel (Vividixiesat.. era), and was found lying on the floor, legs bent at the knee. They went to revive him, and straightened his legs out.

That sent all the blood (and valium (and god knows what else)) running back up into his heart and caused a heart attack/seizure event. He was in wheelchair for months afterward. I wonder if he would have overdosed if his heart has access to all that blood in his legs at the time.

I'm in Virginia. We hold him as one of our own, and those of us know know his music miss him.

Flat6Driver and mnutz like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.