Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Sparkle Particle Sizes

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by Uncle Joe, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Iowa USA
    Admin Post
    Moving air is important to drying.

2. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Friend of Leo's

Aug 5, 2012
    New Jersey
    The shed it is. It's been out there for three nights so far. The windows are louvered with screens behind. There she will stay. Out of sight, but not out of mind. Working on that...

3. Uncle Joe

Aug 5, 2012
    New Jersey

4. Uncle Joe

Aug 5, 2012
    New Jersey
    This is my second sparkle guitar. I did the '51 perhaps nine years ago. Time flies. I know why I waited so long to do another. It's a lot of work, time and effort.

I won't wait as long to do another. I learned a lot from trial and error that you can't learn just from online experts. Don't get me wrong, I would've never tried it without the help of generous guys like Buckocaster sharing all of their secrets, but it does take technique that requires a modicum of practice.

The '51 was cool but messy. This one's flawed but better. The next one will be near perfect.

I screwed this one up with the heat gun because I sprayed on a humid day and clouded the clear coat. Dag nab it. I won't make that mistake again.

Patience is tough for me. If I ever retire I'm going to finish a few killer sparkle guitars. I may even move away from rattle cans.

5. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Iowa USA
    Admin Post
    Nice.

Very nice.

6. Uncle Joe

Aug 5, 2012
    New Jersey
    Thanks Buckocaster. That Krylon Fusion Clear seems to build a lot better than the Krylon clear acrylic from ten years ago. Good stuff.

7. Rano Bass

Rano Bass Tele-Holic

Mar 26, 2014
    Tijuana/San Diego
    Looks really good!
    Do you have more pics?

8. Uncle Joe

Aug 5, 2012
    New Jersey
    Thanks. I have a few more pics but they aren't so great. Kind of blurry...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Sandia Man

Sandia Man Tele-Meister

Nov 17, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    You turned it into a really cool looking guitar

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.