Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

sources for unfinished tele bodies

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by dmoss74, Jun 19, 2017.

1. dmoss74

dmoss74 Tele-Holic

Mar 28, 2010
    usa
    i know of allparts, warmoth, etc; but are there other places that make/sell excellent unfinished bodies?

2. silvertonebetty

silvertonebetty Tele-Meister

May 13, 2013
    canada

3. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

4. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Oct 10, 2010
    Twangers Medows USA
    another for tonebomb! 3 bodies from them, all on mark.

silvertonebetty and El Tele Lobo like this.

5. dmoss74

dmoss74 Tele-Holic

Mar 28, 2010
    usa
    thanks for the suggestions.

6. AndyGio

AndyGio Tele-Meister

Mar 23, 2003
    Montclair, NJ
    To preface this... I do website maintenance for USA Custom Guitars. I get paid a flat fee and don't get paid based on web sales.

That being said, I am always on the lookout for a great deal, so if you are looking for a standard Tele style body, they have a sale going on right now.

$79 + shipping for a swamp ash T body with standard pickup and bridge routing. Requires a coupon code, but it is easy to get - just sign up for their mailing list.

I won't post a link, but go to their website and click the "Web Specials +" link.

That is all.

mabley123 likes this.

7. dmoss74

dmoss74 Tele-Holic

Mar 28, 2010
    usa
    wow, that's a great price. ordering one tonight. thanks

AndyGio and mabley123 like this.

8. freddarl82

freddarl82 TDPRI Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Colorado
    I ordered a strat body. $105 shipped, which, for a usacg product, seems great. Given the special nature of the sale, I'm hoping for a "good" one. On the site they say it will not be a boat anchor nor a 3lb featherweight. That's OK with me. Once I see the grain pattern I'll decide whether to give it a two-tone burst or solid color. Again, I will be happy either way.

silvertonebetty likes this.

9. silvertonebetty

silvertonebetty Tele-Meister

May 13, 2013
    canada
    Mines a boat anchor . 10 pounds with. O electronics or pickguard just the bare body and neck

10. cacophony

cacophony Tele-Meister

Feb 22, 2014
    Philippines
    Tonebomb! Ordered 7 bodies from them and couldn't be any happier.

Another good one - KNE Guitars. A bit pricier though.

El Tele Lobo likes this.

11. Nailhead

Nailhead TDPRI Member

Dec 27, 2016
    NC
    Clear Fork Designs. He has etsy, reverb, and eBay stores. He also does the guitar show circuit. Based in OH. Provide bodies for several Booteek builders.

I got a one piece pine body from him several years ago that was the base for my now number one electric.

He has several species choices. Can get spalted, wormie, or laser etched. Proportions, router hump, neck pocket size/depth, and routed cavities are all correct. Not butt crack with Wilinson bridge.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017

12. cdwillis

cdwillis Tele-Meister

Jan 20, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    I got a real nice two piece swamp ash body from KNE guitars a couple years ago. I emailed him asking for something that would look good with a natural finish and he didn't disappoint. It was matched so well you might have thought it was a single piece. Eventually I sold the body as I was done messing with Floyd Rose bridges, but I've got him in mind for another project once I get around to it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.