Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Sounding sterile...

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by Danjabellza, Jul 8, 2018.

1. peteb

peteb Friend of Leo's

Apr 25, 2003
    Cascadia
    My opinion is that 30 mA thru a 6V6 tube is going to sound like 30 mA thru a 6V6 tube.

The difference between tubes seems like a better explanation.

I would not think that the 14 W tube would need more current to sound like the 12 W tube.

It means that the 14 W tube may be able to take 35 mA and the 12 W tube may not take it as well.

Just my opinion

EDIT:

I take it back.

Rebasing from 70% of 12 W MPD to 70% of 14 W MPD would be an improvement in tone.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Danjabellza likes this.

2. peteb

peteb Friend of Leo's

Apr 25, 2003
    Cascadia
    I take it back.

Rebasing from 70% of 12 W MPD to 70% of 14 W MPD would be an improvement in tone

Danjabellza likes this.

3. radiocaster

radiocaster Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2015
    europe
    I don't know if this helps, but that guy who hasn't posted in a while and hates all amps besides a solid-state one (can't remember his name offhand) said that amp sounds better with EL-34 tubes.

Danjabellza likes this.

4. DaphneBlue

DaphneBlue Tele-Meister

Jul 22, 2017
    Switzerland
    lol

Are thinking about the member called jakedog?

5. radiocaster

Aug 18, 2015
    europe
    yup.

DaphneBlue likes this.

6. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Tele-Afflicted

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    After taking what I can only assume was an accidentally weekend trip to the post office in lake havasu, my tubes finally got delivered to the house today. Unfortunately I’m still at work!

7. radiocaster

Aug 18, 2015
    europe
    Found this video:

point being not that you want to play metal with EMGs, but several people in the comment section recommended EL34 tubes in the output. Click on the "YouTube" at the lower right to play the video in a new tab and read the comments.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.