Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Soul Music

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by jaimed, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 18, 2013
    West O' Philly, PA
    Great stuff! Clarence Carter!

And now, some Philly soul for ya!

elihu and jaimed like this.

2. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 18, 2013
    West O' Philly, PA
    Who remembers "Fat Boy"? Billy Stewart, no less!

jaimed likes this.

3. bacongrease

bacongrease Tele-Meister

Mar 27, 2013
    Sly isn’t exactly soul is he?

4. jaimed

jaimed Poster Extraordinaire

5. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 24, 2009
    Texas
    Man, that Clarence tune Stayed Away Too Long...! Lot's of great stuff here. And Syl Johnson-more of the genius of Willie Mitchell. It sounds just like an Al Green record with a different singer and that's a good thing. And I remember a version of It's Alright from the TV Show Where The Action Is.

Early Marvin...

And from what I've read Marvin was in love with Tammi. When she died tragically he went into seclusion for a year before coming back with the seriousness of What's Going On.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Stringbanger likes this.

6. Chicago Matt

Chicago Matt Tele-Afflicted

Aug 23, 2014
    Woodstock
    Great stuff!!!
    But why, oh why has no one posted anything by the QUEEN??? - sorry Ellroy, I had to edit this because I see you posted one right before mine. :oops:

They don't call her the Queen of Soul for nothin! The girl's got the juice. Ashamed to say that it was decades before I discovered she also plays all the piano on the Soul 69 album.
    Love her on this cut. The girl just KILLS it. 48 years later it still gives me chills. First time I spun it on my turntable I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    EllroyJames and Stringbanger like this.

7. jaimed

jaimed Poster Extraordinaire

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.