Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Sorry Joe Bonamassa but....

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by TeleToTheRain, Sep 27, 2016.

1. archetype

archetype More tone than talent Ad Free + Supporter

Jun 4, 2005
    Williamsville NY
    LOL! Oh, thank you. That had to be done by someone.

2. Otto Tune

Otto Tune TDPRI Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Florida
    His live show is totally professional. No warm up, no tuning, no chat with the band, starts on time. Bam, never stops.
    But he also doesn't chat with the audience like a Beth Hart does, either. He comes to play, and he barely stops.
    He used to wear jeans and t-shirts with John Deer ball caps, but his manager suggested he "respect the music", thus the suits.
    He's a hard worker (over 200 live shows a year plus studio and appearances) and he's earned it all.
    My favorite is "I'll take care of you" with Beth Hart. As close to guitar sex as one can put on stage.

3. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    Absolutely. His work ethic is amazing. Multiple active bands, constant touring, always putting up youtube/facebook vids of gear and instructional stuff with backing tracks, a grammy in the pocket and all those album releases... when does he sleep?

4. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 13, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    Yes. He's cool with it.

5. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    That was a great video. Here's another that I can't get enough of... it just does everything a live performance needs to do. She reminds me so much of Janis Joplin. And Joe's tele solo is awesome.

6. Journeyman22

Journeyman22 Tele-Meister

Dec 11, 2014
    Piute County, Utah
    bottom line folks. HE IS AN ARTIST! And, a damn good one at that! All really smart, talented artist have their little quirks. So dose a whole lot of regular people for that matter. MORE POWER TO HIM!

comebackkid likes this.

7. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Friend of Leo's

Apr 3, 2015
    Winchester, VA
    He's been playing the same song for 30 years, but apparently a lot of people like that song. He stayed true to his art, never changed a thing... ever. Never caved to the critics, the market, etc., and is doing quite well. Not a Van Halen level of doing quite well, but he is able to maintain a nice standard of living doing exactly what he wants - we'd be lying if we were to say that we wouldn't want to live that life.

dlew919 likes this.

8. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Friend of Leo's

Apr 3, 2015
    Winchester, VA
    ... and that's really all that matters, isn't it?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016

9. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    The guy can play and he knows how to sell a song vocally as well so there ya' go. There's some serious talent there. Others may do it better but there's nothin' wrong with his way either. I'm glad to see guys like him still keepin' blues alive.

stnmtthw and dlew919 like this.

10. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Wish I could play like him. I'd play different than him if I could, but wish I had the talent. No interest in seeing him live. Seems like a good guy in the sitting around talking videos... but the stage thing is sort of dooshey.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    MilwMark likes this.

11. NardeeMacPennis

NardeeMacPennis Tele-Meister

Feb 13, 2016
    Philly

Update!.. I would first unplug his guitar and then punch him in his mouth-noting mug.

cntry666 likes this.

12. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

May 9, 2005
    CHICAGO, IL.
    :):p

13. sir humphrey

sir humphrey Friend of Leo's

May 3, 2011
    Bristol
    I don't dislike him - he seems like a nice chap and he's a very good guitar player.

There's a difference between silly rock n roll lyrics and bad lyrics.

His lyrics sound like they were written by someone not very good with words - they sound like the sort of thing your mate would write and you'd have to pretend to like..

14. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    Can't read through 6 pages. Love the ability of any good guitarist, but the songs just leave me flat.

That new sig Epi Firebird though... jeeebus I want.

15. dlew919

dlew919 Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 6, 2012
    Sydney
    Pretty much half of those six pages summed up.

16. old guitar player

old guitar player Tele-Afflicted

Mar 7, 2007
    the basement
    Hey there's room for everyone in the blues...even room for Joe Bonamassa. However I have been a blues fan since I was 13-14 years old in the mid-70's so I have seen a few legends like Muddy, Albert Collins, Son Seals, Albert and BB King, Buddy Guy, Luther Allison, SRV, Jimmie Vaughan, Johnny Winter etc... just to name a few. My favorites are Freddie King, Otis Rush, Peter Green (with Fleetwood Mac)...these guys. I have learned a little from them all. I love them all.

My first time hearing about Joe Bonamassa was when he was a kid discovered by Danny Gatton. I never really paid any attention to him or his music since I have seen and heard many who did it just as good or better than he does. What makes me laugh is the one time I was at a jam and this really obnoxious dude started talking about how he wants to start a "blues band" but not one that plays "that boring old blues" but a band that plays "Joe Bonamassa blues"....

That's all I needed to hear....:rolleyes:

17. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Holic

May 6, 2012
    England
    I like his playing, not so much his 'singing', but I think he's a bit up himself as a person. Just my impression.

18. Tazz3

Tazz3 Friend of Leo's

Aug 19, 2013
    East islip ny
    I wahctimg him now the 3 kings sjow i dvred it last nite he bugs me with those freaking sun glasses on

19. texastengu

texastengu Tele-Holic

Aug 23, 2016
    Austone, Tejas
    Today on Joe's website ....

image.png

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.