Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Sore Feet??

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by stephent2, Jun 19, 2017 at 2:45 AM.

1. stephent2

stephent2 Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 22, 2003
    Georgia/Minnesota
    Spent half my life in boots, the other half in flip flops. Damaged a nerve wearing flip flops and i have Morton's neuroma in my right foot. When I read about the foot pain of others, the money spent for orthopedics that don't help, etc,.. mine isn't that bad. My ball of my foot will go numb at the end of a three hour gig w/ some shoes. I wear sheepskin lined mocs around the house and that works fine, barefoot not so much.

So I've run a progression of shoes, was buying Rockports w/ adidas soles which weren't bad, but studying a bit further I see people saying a level position with zero heel rise or drop (no heel) helps relieve foot pain. When I Googled Morton's neuroma and shoes, this company (along with others) came up,..

http://www.softscience.com

the reviews were all excellent, and the price was low enough to take a chance, so i found a pair on the web site for $29 shipped on clearance, After I tried those (orange clown shoes), I ordered a couple more pair, The Pro Lace and the Terrafin (a self-draining fishing boot). These two shoes were $60 and $90.

[​IMG]

They have the zero heel, a molded foot bed and liner w/ very wide "toe box" and a proprietary material named Trileon, I've had the orange units for a week,..walked around all day yesterday down town Athens and they are supremely comfortable. Seem to put your foot in the correct position, less pressure on my toes, the shoes just worked great, no pain at the the end o the day.

The company does boating and fishing shoes but there are work shoes and casual,.. etc. all w/ the same platform. They're very light, lot's of reviews about great design, the comfort, reduced foot pain, etc.

I figure some of us might benefit from a comfortable shoe,.. check 'em out if inclined. (no affiliation)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017 at 2:51 AM
  2. flyingbanana

flyingbanana Poster Extraordinaire

3. studio

studio Poster Extraordinaire

May 27, 2013
    California
    The low top one looks like something I can wear for work.
    Even though I sit down a large percentage of time, the times
    I am up and about I put some wear and tear and mileage on.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Nov 5, 2006
    Iowa City, IA
    Many thanks. It's not easy to find things that give you relief.

6. Henry

Henry Tele-Holic Ad Free + Supporter

Jan 2, 2012
    Australia
    I've been committed to being barefoot as often as possible for the last 25 years. Not always possible but when I compare myself with my peers and, in particular, my wife, I have good feet and seldom feel as if they are a problem, so I'm a believer. Shoes are great and necessary if you're living in the more extreme climates but where I live, one can feasibly go barefoot more often than not.
    That said, those SoftScience thingies look pretty comfortable. Glad you found something you like Stephen.

7. Vespa_One

Vespa_One Tele-Meister

Feb 14, 2017
    United States
    Glad you were able to find some pain relief! I wear flip flops a lot myself I hope I'm not setting myself up for problems..

8. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

May 18, 2006
    I wear Crocs if I'm not walking in snow. I often wear them even if I am walking in snow.

9. jackinjax

jackinjax Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Jacksonville
    I bought a pair of Adidas Supercloud sandals at Costco last year when they had them (special buy) for $14.99. I've worn them almost every day around the house for a year and haven't had the least bit of pain or arch fatigue I've been plagued with most of my adult life.
    The most comfortable footwear I've ever worn. If I find them anywhere again I'm buying several pairs.

[​IMG]

10. Frontman

Frontman Tele-Meister

Jul 10, 2014
    Tokyo
    I never pinch pennies when it comes to shoes. My mom and stepdad alway bought their shoes at K-Mart or Target because their shoes are cheap. That these cheap shoes fell apart with regular wear, and often needed replacing negated the low price. What was worse were the foot problems they developed after wearing crappy shoes for years.

When shopping for shoes, I get the best wearing and most comfortable I can find, and pay what they cost. For casual wear I like the New Balance 900 series shoes which are made in the USA. For dress shoes, I get mine from John Lobb.

My feet get a good workout, I enjoy long walks across the city, and will walk 25km or more in a day.

Bob M and troy2003 like this.
  11. Berzerk

Berzerk TDPRI Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Thanks for this post. For that price it's worth trying.

12. dented

dented Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 17, 2006
    Back at the Beach
    LOL!!! I saw this yesterday on my FB page. I needed boat shoes for the summer so I bought "The Fin" self draining deck shoes. Can't wait to get them. Free shipping too!

13. lammie200

lammie200 Tele-Holic

Jan 11, 2013
    San Francisco
    My feet get sore and I had actual prescription orthotics made. I can't wear them anymore though. They cause my lower back to hurt. I used to get some relief when wearing negative heel shoes. For a while Earth shoes where reintroduced and I had a couple of pairs. They were great but I guess that there wasn't enough demand and they stopped producing them altogether. I would be interested to try a pair of those Softscience shoes, but the video just makes it look like the person is wearing shoes that are too big for them. Styles kinda suck as well IMHO.

14. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

I wish I had a nickel for everytime I said, "my dogs are barking!"

15. stephent2

Jun 22, 2003
    Georgia/Minnesota
    I'm kinda beyond fashion shoe wise. And frankly, I rock whatever I put on my feet as long as the rest of the package is stylin'.

I noticed my posture improving from the zero heel rise. I also bought a pair of Altra Men’s The Instinct Everyday that are a tad more stylish (i guess), not quite as comfortable, required more break in, but worked fine on last nights gig.

[​IMG]

16. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    Yeah, but then repeating that phrase for a nickel every time would become your full time job, and you would become resentful of having to say it...

17. raito

raito Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2010
    Madison, WI
    My problem isn't length, it's width. And try finding dedicated sports footwear in ultra-wide.

18. stephent2

Jun 22, 2003
    Georgia/Minnesota
    That's one of the design features, a wide "toe box".

19. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'm looking for something else since no sneakers seem to hold up more than a few months before starting to lose the stitching...

Obviously, since I now wear sneakers, fashion isn't a priority for me either...:)

20. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Meister

May 11, 2011
    North of Boston
    New Balance does widths. A few of the other companies have started to on some models, but New Balance does it across the board.

dented likes this.
  21. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Good enough for Ri-ri.

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.