Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Sometimes I wanna move to Montana, grow my hair out and drive nothing newer than a 66

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by birddog01, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Just thoughts I have been having lately sometimes. disconnecting, going off the grid type thoughts after a say bad day. Maybe it's getting old (or the old threads here lately) maybe its technology or the information age and some of the news we get these days.
    Ahh, maybe I've just been thinking too much lately. Think I'll go play my guitar, that will make me forget about it if you know what I mean.:cool:

2. Slow Reflexes

Slow Reflexes Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 17, 2007
    Willamette and Columbia
    I'd go as late as '67. But I'm with ya in principle.

3. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    I have spent time in Montana in the winter, not really the place for old cars or old bones.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Justinvs

Justinvs Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 31, 2008
    Wise River, Montana
    It's -20 this morning in Montana. The tractor won't start. Life sucks.
    Stay where you are and throw away your computer. You'll be much happier!

6. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    That's what i'm talkin' about :lol:

7. Gibson

Gibson Tele-Afflicted

Feb 13, 2007
    Park Island
    I'm sure a lot of us can relate to your sentiments. Keep us posted if you figure out a way to pull it off!

8. Doug 54

Doug 54 Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 12, 2004
    Ohio
    I'm living off the grin

9. TheRumRunner

TheRumRunner Tele-Afflicted

Maybe we can just buy an island somewhere, use coconuts for currency, have hoolahoop contests every Friday night and use big leaves as toilet paper.

How many coconuts will a '52 cost?

DW

10. wutmornin

wutmornin Tele-Holic

Nov 18, 2012
    Oregon
    going to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon........

I am with ya- escape from the society we are evolving into without having to leave behind the free society we have fought so hard to have.

I can't say much about Montana, I always wanted to see Glacier park and had a week set aside for it a few years back. We drove north from Yellowstone and by the time we were in Livingston the smoke from several forest fires in Idaho was making it hard to see a mile down the road, let alone taking in the "Big Sky" I had looked forward to seeing. We went somewhere else where we could breath and I still have Montana on my bucket list, underlined now.

You have to loosen the vehicle age to include 67 unless you want a VW bus with a 6 volt system

11. dbone15

dbone15 TDPRI Member

Apr 27, 2012
    NYC
    Going to pull a John Mayer? Isnt that what he did? Move up to Montana and write an awesome album?

12. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Oddly, I've been having a similar thought!
    I have a friend in Bozeman, an old band mate.
    He "grew up good", and is a professor at the university there.
    I'd have a short term place to crash.
    I can do cold, I think.
    I lived in Canada for a dozen years.
    I'm older and skinnier, and my hair has already "grown out",
    all the way out, actually.
    My PT Loser, er, Cruiser looks old.
    There's a Gibson factory.
    Austin is becoming more glutted very day.
    Seriously considerin' it!

13. SacDAve

SacDAve Friend of Leo's

Dec 23, 2009
    Rocklin Ca.
    I know how you feel My wife and I have talked about just packing up getting away from it all. Maybe a nice Beach House on Maui, a 2013 Porsche Carrara and a 30' fishing boat . I know one thing that old GRID wouldn't bother me then.

14. idjster

idjster Friend of Leo's

The flight to become a hermit, away from society. Lots of people have done it over the centuries, and still do it. I've come to the conclusion that the physical part of it isn't for most of us, but we can still do it both mentally and emotionally. It's all about how we see the world around us and how we want to relate to it. I think it would take way more willpower and strength to do it that way, though. Moving to Montana would be way easier.

15. Justinvs

Mar 31, 2008
    Wise River, Montana
    John Mayer may take up space here, but we do not claim him. :lol:

16. Justinvs

Mar 31, 2008
    Wise River, Montana
    Well, you should be able to find a house. After the crash there are dozens, maybe hundreds of spec homes around Bozeman unoccupied.

17. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    I keep the Harley in the garage fueled up, on a trickle charger and facing out just in case. :lol:

Of course its been that way since 1991. Sort of knowing I could, takes away the desire, but it is fun to fantasize pulling a Bronson, heading down that long lonesome highway and not coming back.

18. Bongocaster

Bongocaster Friend of Leo's

Meanwhile play your acoustic. Or go and get one if you don't have one;-)

19. Oakville Dave

Oakville Dave Friend of Leo's

Who do you think you are, John Mayer? :)

20. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    First, they may not be waiting for you with welcome arms in Montana.

Second, if you going to drive nothing newer than a 66 it had better have 4 wheel drive.

Some things guaranteed to improve your humor. Turn off you computer, turn off your Television, and if you turn it on, watch ANYTHING but Fox news. I'm pretty sure that Fox news derives money from the legal drug industry, I'm sure their sales have gone up 10,000 percent since Fox went on air. Listen to an FM radio or CDs in your car, don't listen to any music at all at home that isnt' of your own making even if you have to resort to the accordion, besides if you play the accordion the exercise you get from dancing around doing the polka will surely improve your health and humor.

21. Bulldog87

Bulldog87 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 2, 2008
    Louisiana, USA
    I'd love to go to Montana too. But maybe more in the Spring Time!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.