Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Something for Sara - The Brainy Tribute Compilation

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by TRexF16, Sep 25, 2016.

1. TRexF16

TRexF16 Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2011
    Tucson
    Friends,
    I was just reading Sara's "So Much Brain" thread, and got to thinking, we really do have a precious lot of Brain spread around our site, and it is difficult to keep up with all the builds and kind words being shared.
    I propose we use this thread, in which each of us will make a single post after our Brainy tribute build/project is completed, with a few completed pictures and our comments. I don't think we should make any replies, just a single post each that we and Sara can come flip through to see how each of us was inspired to do what we did in memorial. Since almost everyone has a thread covering their individual tributes, we can palaver all day long there. We also have "The Officially Unofficial BarBrainy Memorial Build Thread" which is up to 15 pages now." Thus it'd be good to make Sara a nice concise summary of the over twenty projects we now have going on in Andy's honor.
    If you think this has merit, and you have finished a memorial build or project for Andy, please put up a single post here as described above. I will add my own when it is completed. And don't forget, 2036 will be here before you know it!

Kindest Regards,
    Rex

2. GracefulBrick

GracefulBrick Tele-Meister

Oct 7, 2012
    Suffolk UK
    I *love* this idea. I had no idea so much would be built in his name, you guys clearly just didn't realise what a pain in the ass he was. ;) I love this too because other people who loved him, other friends and family, can be directed to this one thread to have an easy flip through it all... wonderful idea. Thank you. And I'm happy for this to get deleted whenever it is appropriate :) x

tery and Mbechmann like this.

3. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

4. Barncaster

Barncaster Doctor of Teleocity

A lonely tree-climbing guitar named Pinocchio.......

nickhofen likes this.

5. '59_Standard

'59_Standard Tele-Holic

Jan 27, 2010
    Worldwide
    With no strings to hold him up, no-less...

Barncaster likes this.

6. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

Mar 27, 2012
    Calgary, Alberta
    And that's no lie..

Barncaster likes this.

7. ndeli55

ndeli55 Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2008
    oklahoma
    I like that birdhouse so hard!

8. nickhofen

nickhofen Friend of Leo's

Barncaster likes this.

9. 2blue2

2blue2 Friend of Leo's

Jul 20, 2013
    Island of Oahu

10. GracefulBrick

GracefulBrick Tele-Meister

Oct 7, 2012
    Suffolk UK

11. TRexF16

TRexF16 Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2011
    Tucson
    Hi Sara.

I hope so much you have been well, and life is treating you kindly. I finally completed building my tribute to Andy. I can tell you I sure felt his presence many times, particularly in the finishing process. There were times I bet he would have just sanded the whole darn thing back to bare wood and started over, as there were a number of setbacks!

While there may have been others, this is the only butterscotch paisley Telecaster I've ever seen, and I hope you enjoy it.
    http://www.tdpri.com/threads/brainy-tribute-butterscotch-paisley-tele.656326/
    IMG_6984.JPG
    IMG_6994.JPG
    IMG_6986.JPG
    IMG_6996.JPG
    IMG_6987.JPG
    And the most important one of all:
    IMG_6990.JPG
    Peace always,
    Rex

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018

12. 2blue2

2blue2 Friend of Leo's

Jul 20, 2013
    Island of Oahu

Right F N on Rex!

Arch Stanton likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.