Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Some old and new Questions

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Oz Twanger, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Oz Twanger

Oz Twanger TDPRI Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi guys,
    Hope you can help me with a couple of quick questions.

1. I have an original Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer which doesn't work so well, it pops, hisses and generally makes a lot of noise and doesn't work consistently. I've changed all the electro caps, cleaned all the contacts but it still plays up, any suggestions???

2. My Jim Dunlop Wah Wah also has recently stopped wah wahing and I'm suspecting the coil as there is a sort of muffled continual sound and it doesn't change when I move the pedal????

3. Does anyone have really good, easy, noiseless circuit for making a regulated 9v supply to power my pedal board and any suggestions as well.

Thanks in advance, it seems all my pedal woes hit all at once.

Cheers,

Oz Twanger :cry:

2. Madmaestro

Madmaestro Tele-Meister

Oooo boy!!!

Sounds like you have some nasty problems there!
    For:
    1. I would look for cold solder joints

2. Ummm, I would have to see it

3. I made a power supply that will power all the pedals you would possibly need. It worked fine for my Boss & Ibanez pedals I had. The parts list is really short:

An old AC to DC transformer (11.5v -35v)
    one NTE 1910 Transistor
    one NTE 116 Diode

I drew a schematic for it in MS Word, but I don't know how to post it. If your interested, just E-mail me and I'll E-mail it back to ya.

Madmeistro

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.