Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Some Luther Allison...neglected blues artist.

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by flyingbanana, Jan 14, 2013.

1. flyingbanana

flyingbanana Poster Extraordinaire

Here are a few of his songs. Great stuff. I like the mood set by the first one especially. Luther was sure underrated.

2. MrTwang

MrTwang Friend of Leo's

I was lucky enough to be on the same bill as him in Europe somewhere - probably late '80s. I was blown away by him. He had a great band too. Thanks for posting this and reminding me.

3. sonny wolf

sonny wolf Tele-Afflicted

I saw him about a month before his passing.He opened the show for Buddy Guy and Luther played with so much intensity and passion...Buddy had a lot of pressure to follow Luther's performance no doubt!!!Luther played mainly a gold top Les Paul Standard into a Fender Blues Deville and played such great,low down raw Blues.One month later I heard he had passed away.I really respect him for having played his music til the very end.He was one of the all time greats in the Blues.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Doctor of Teleocity

I met him once at a music store job, nice guy!
    Never got to see him play, alas.

6. José

José Tele-Afflicted

I saw him 2 times in the late '70s, great shows. He used to play a kind of ES 335 Yamaha at that time. I've met him 20 years ago in a guitar store in Paris, having fun and trying some new axes, a nice guy and a great player.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.