Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Solid State Analog Amps

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by FenderGuy53, Dec 6, 2017 at 12:50 AM.

1. bakersfield2014

bakersfield2014 Tele-Meister

Nov 1, 2014
    Helena Montana
    Quilter Aviator 210. One of the best amps I have ever owned. Put a JBL K110 in it and it's still not as heavy and my Deluxe Reverb or Peavey Delta Blues
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 3:44 AM

2. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    So as I understand it the op wants a current production, non digital, all analog no modeling amp.

Pretty sure quilter uses some DSP

I have a henricksen jazzamp, all solid state, very loud, five band eq. It has a gorgeous clean tone and when I want some dirt I put a pedal I front of it. But then I’m a mostly clean player.

Evans amps, acoustic image amps, maybe the DV mark jazz amps

Jakedog likes this.

3. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    I think the VOX AV line looks interesting, but I've never played one

Jakedog and hdvades like this.

4. Ted Witton

Ted Witton Tele-Meister

Dec 30, 2006
    Norwich, UK
    An interesting thread. I have been through the Peavey Bandit range up to the current model and agree that this remains a worthy contender. I have been through most of the latest modellers eg Katana excluding the up market Kempers etc. Versatile and handy as they may be, I am still searching for a modeller that offers the live "presence" of a SS analog amp,At the risk of drifting off topic, I also find my old and relatively heavy Bandit 65 outperforms the latest incarnations in respect of" pure clean sound" and since it readily accepts pedals I can cope with its relatively restricted O/D channel. Perhaps it is the Scorpion speaker, loathed by some but liked by me.

5. Shango66

Shango66 Friend of Leo's

Aug 15, 2012
    Australia

6. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Tele-Afflicted

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    I dunno about DSP, but maybe you are referring to the digital reverb? It's not that great of a reverb anyway so I turn it off. I sometimes wonder if the Orange Crush 35RT's reverb is like that... usable if I HAVE to, but otherwise I'm bringing a pedal.

7. cbh5150

cbh5150 Tele-Meister

Oct 23, 2009
    The outer banks of Chicagoland
    Had an AV30 for a bit - two channels and an effects loop, please some limited built-in (oops...digital) effects l(mod/delay/reverb). Although it has the valvetronics 12AX7 pre, the amp models were analog. Had some nice tones, but issue with it was a fairly high noise floor - not as noticble at lower volumes, but on the higher-gain models, there was a persistent white noise/hiss (NOT hum) that crept up quite severely at higher volumes.

FWIW, I was at Dave's some months back, and I was playing a couple of guitars with an AV15 and an AC10 next to each other. On the AC15 model, I got the AV15 to sound nearly identical to the AC10 :).

8. joebloggs13

joebloggs13 Tele-Meister

Jun 14, 2017
    Canada
    I own a Roland Blues Cube Artist, it's the big brother of the Blues Cube Hot. Sounds fantastic! Also a great platform for pedals, whether in front or in the FX loop. :)

9. Kerberos

Kerberos Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Nov 27, 2016
    Long Island
    Roland JC-40...Plenty Loud (As loud as my 65 DRRI), great reverb, vibrato, and that classic Roland Chorus...enough distortion to satisfy me...and with twin 10"'s still light enough to keep my back in decent shape....

10. swampyankee

swampyankee Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Feb 5, 2015
    Southeastern MA
    It's hard to find a S.S. amp that doesn't have digital or DSP something or other. So I have to reach back a few years and name my old Fender Deluxe 112. 2 channel, solid state analogue, with spring reverb. I A/B'd it to my DRRI once and found the clean tones pretty close, at bedroom volumes anyways.

11. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

12. beninma

beninma Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2017
    Massachusetts
    DSP = Digital Signal Processor/Processing.

Hence not analog.

13. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

My bad, I should have been clearer: why were non-analog amps excluded? I ask because for some people, that's just a shorthand for an amp with a complicated U/I. Yet there are some simple examples, so I'm wondering what the OP really meant.

14. tlimbert65

tlimbert65 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 22, 2011
    Northwest Iowa, USA
    Love my Red Stripe Delta Logo Studio Pro 112 as a pedal platform. As a large clean amp, the new Chinese Special Chorus 112 is great, and it's pretty decent with pedals, too. I'm just a big fan of the clean channel on Transtube amps.

15. BryMelvin

BryMelvin Tele-Afflicted

Jan 4, 2014
    Arivaca AZ
    Don't own any current amps. But still have for varying gig size. Large to small. Peavey Citation Mark IV,Carvin SX 200, Fender FM65R, Fender 65DSP, Fender FM25R.

There's also a hybrid TubeWorks amp and all my tube amps but that's another story:rolleyes:

16. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Holic

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I used to have both Tech 21 amps...the 30 and the 60. I sold the 60 and kept the 30. Love that little guy!

17. Shango66

Shango66 Friend of Leo's

Aug 15, 2012
    Australia
    I read GP story years ago about a touring Beatles cover band that had gutted the Vox AC30 cabs and installed Tech 21 TM60 in them.

RyCo1983 likes this.

18. Grandy

Grandy Tele-Meister

Sep 18, 2010
    Finland
    I'd like to try an Evans amp. It would be pretty expensive to order one and have it shipped over here so I'll just stick with my old PV Special 130.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.