Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

sold the Mustang III, bought a GT-100... bad move. :(

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by jbuonacc, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Artunes

Artunes Tele-Meister

Mar 9, 2016
    Oshkosh, B'gosh
    Ahh. Well, besides the EAA, there are two very large music festivals right across the highway from the EAA grounds, so you may want to avoid coming to town on those days as well. Country USA is June 20-24th, and Rock USA is July 13-15th. Traffic can be a b*tch. But then, maybe you'll want to see Florida Georgia Line or Ozzy Osbourne. There are also Thursday night concerts downtown by the river and admission is fairly cheap. Acts this year include Huey Lewis, Gregg Rolie, Brian Setzer, The Wallflowers, and others.

2. Alamo

Alamo Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 15, 2006
    Berlin, Germany
    Are you guys talking about model or real planes? :D:lol:;)

3. Wrong-Note Rod

Wrong-Note Rod Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 4, 2009
    atlanta
    yup, agree.

there are issues with tube amps too.

modelling amps are a better idea for low volume gigs. Tube amps tend to suck until you can turn them up to their sweet spot. modelling amps sound good at any volume.

just my opinion.

4. tintag27

tintag27 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jan 18, 2010
    Macclesfield, UK
    The annual Oshkosh air show is a world-renowned event, and yes - real aeroplanes!

Alamo likes this.

5. jenos

jenos Tele-Meister

Mar 28, 2012
    Columbia, SC
    I am sure I am a little late to this thread but if I remember correctly wasn't there a Fender Mustang multi FX unit? Maybe give that a try if you liked the Mustang modeling.

6. Artunes

Artunes Tele-Meister

Mar 9, 2016
    Oshkosh, B'gosh
    eaa-aerial.jpg

airventure1.jpg

eaa.jpg

eaa_fireworks.jpg

Alamo likes this.

7. Bill

Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Mar 16, 2003
    London
    I nominate this for the most confused, off-topic, hijacked zombie thread ever.

xafinity, Alamo and tintag27 like this.

8. tintag27

tintag27 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jan 18, 2010
    Macclesfield, UK
    Oh - I thought when it said 'Mustang' we were talking about the P51...

9. PastorJay

PastorJay Tele-Holic

Apr 12, 2014
    California
    After years of playing through a solid state Roland Jazz Chorus, often with a Digitech processor in front of it, I set out 3 years ago on a quest for a great tube amp and whatever other pedals, etc., were necessary to sound great at the low volume levels I can use in church.

Still on that quest, although I may have found the answer. We'll see.

Along the way, I've become an admirer of those little Fender Mustang amps, and heard some players who get GREAT tone out of them.

I usually don't bring my guitar to jam sessions. I'm a better harp player, and there aren't as many of us. So I bring harps and play through a modified Blues Deluxe.

20 years ago, that might have been the smallest amp anybody brought to a jam session, as most guys were using some kind of Twin or maybe a Blues DeVille. Now it's often the biggest amp, except for the bass amp supplied as part of the back line. Mustangs abound, as do Blues Juniors and some other small Fenders.

A few weeks ago every guitar player brought a Mustang. I was amused.

Jim Dep likes this.

10. Jim Dep

Jim Dep Friend of Leo's

May 23, 2010
    Northern Colorado
    and what's cool is that every single Mustang can sound totally different than the other. "Do your own thing" still prevails. :)

PastorJay likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.