Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Sold my last Stratocaster look-a-likes today

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Wicked-T, Aug 1, 2017.

1. faasie85

faasie85 TDPRI Member

Jul 6, 2016
    Netherlands
    My les Paul doesn't get much playtime but I won't sell my les Paul or my strat. You just gotta catch em all. And I love the start in the neck, the neck + middle and the bridge position.

2. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    I moved the rear tone control to the bridge pickup so now the middle pickup is unaffected by the tone stack and I like it!

Depending on what's going on, I'll use neck and bridge too but I get this great British Invasion tone out of the middle pickup that I really like.

Oh, and yeah... I'll be keeping the Strat and kind of interested in getting another.

3. Dacious

Dacious Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Godzone
    I owned or built five Strats and couldn't bond with any. But the gold US Vint 62 in Shoreline Gold is an absolute keeper. It joins my 99-build 69Ri MIM Thinline bought in 2000 in San Francisco which is much modded but much loved, my 2004 Custom 24 PRS which is super-versatile but beautiful and my '97 tangerine metallic Setzer Hotrod Gretsch. All of them are special guitars, war scars, great gig experiences.

4. Tonetele

Tonetele Friend of Leo's

Jun 2, 2009
    South Australia
    I have a genuine " Blackie".
    Yep bought two 2nd. hand junk strats and made the best guitar I could out of all of the parts.
    Also put in "vintage" plate, knobs and p/ups- Oh and better tuners. The body just happens to be black. Total $450.

When I'm tired in a gig ( at the end) or my wrist gets tired it is my go to guitar.
    BTW it is a killer guitar and I was offered $3,000 AUD for it soon after I'd "built" it. I have three Teles but I will never let this one go. I know that's a shameful thing to say on this site.

5. Wicked-T

Wicked-T Tele-Meister

Apr 1, 2017
    USA
    I'm still looking for one or I'll do a build, I'll find that Strat someday.

6. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    I had some good success with building a "Blackie" from a cheap neglected Strat like @Tonetele did. I bought a Strat brand new many years ago and it didn't work out but this one I have now is a keeper. It is absolutely my go-to guitar right now.

I've got a T-type partscaster too and it's also amazing but the Strat is here to stay.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.