Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Sold my last Stratocaster look-a-likes today

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Wicked-T, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Wicked-T

Wicked-T Tele-Meister

Apr 1, 2017
    USA
    Yep all gone, only have the sweet sounds of My two Tele's a partscaster and Fender tele.
    Ahhh! that feels better now. I just think it easier to find a great sounding Tele than it is
    to find a Stratocaster. Do you guy's find it as well or not?

2. Grux

Grux Tele-Holic

Jan 10, 2017
    Clarksville, TN
    I love my tele's but there's no way in hell I'd trade my last strat for another one. I NEED a strat in my arsenal.

awasson, richey88 and Zepfan like this.

3. Wicked-T

Wicked-T Tele-Meister

Apr 1, 2017
    USA
    I think my next thing is to stick with a Fender, instead of copies like Greco or
    Fernandes, but the fernandes wasn't to bad.

4. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    Congratulations. I have been thinning out the strat herd myself. Only two left now, and since I don't play them, they can go as well.
    Not that they are bad guitars, but they're just not "me". I found out I'm a tele guy... :D

5. Wicked-T

Wicked-T Tele-Meister

Apr 1, 2017
    USA
    Your right, all three positions are great sounding on a Tele, but on the Strat I only like
    two positions 2 and 4!

6. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    I had an 80's (late) Fernandes I played until there were no frets left. Tokai Springy Sounds are great too. Gotta have on at all times.

7. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 14, 2005
    Nueces Strip
    I've been on a Strat kick lately so I'm probably not qualified to comment.

radiocaster, awasson and Obsessed like this.

8. Wicked-T

Wicked-T Tele-Meister

Apr 1, 2017
    USA
    That's okay, It's just that I think when it comes to strat's it's better to try them
    out first.

9. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    I almost sold my strat, but after decking the trem bridge, I found the strat blues box that could bend strings like other guitars that I wanted. It has my all time favorite neck, so it is nice to enjoy it all over again.

awasson likes this.

10. Grey_Melbourne

Grey_Melbourne TDPRI Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Australia
    I wanted to get rid of one from the collection and it was a choice between a Classic Vibe Strat or a PRS SE Custom Thinline and the Strat went. I love how comfortable they are against your body but in the end it just wasn't as nice to play as the PRS.
    I do reserve the right to stock up on another one in the future though!

Obsessed likes this.

11. a_pidgeon

a_pidgeon Tele-Meister

Oct 17, 2015
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I'm a big fan of the way Strats feel when I play standing up, and my Strat-a-like with seven-way switching (standard blade and a toggle that adds the bridge to positions 4 and 5) has warded off GAS many times. I can get just about any sound I'd ever want out of that guitar.

All that said, if it had the same spec sheet but looked like a Tele, that'd be okay too.

12. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    Me too...

I will say that my Strat sounds like a completely different guitar on different amps. My Tele is like that too but the difference with the Strat is much more noticeable.

RodeoTex and Obsessed like this.

13. Amby

Amby Tele-Holic

I love my Tele, but couldn't do without my Strat. They are two different animals.

totenkopf13 and Obsessed like this.

14. howlin

howlin Tele-Afflicted

Aug 19, 2007
    Who wants to know?
    Funny. First thing I do on a Strat is to tear out the 5-way switch and install a 3-way as I absolutely LOATH quack. Then I install a blender pot so I can dial in the front with the back pickup or vise-versa - those are tones you can't get from any Tele. Truth be told I pretty much only use the middle p/u. Yeah, I'm weird. :p

NWinther and 3-Chord-Genius like this.

15. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Friend of Leo's

Apr 3, 2015
    Winchester, VA
    I hate the in-between "quack" of a strat also. I thought I was the only one. However, I love the other three positions.

NWinther likes this.

16. bluetinstar

bluetinstar TDPRI Member

Aug 1, 2017
    Hampshire, UK
    Got two Teles and one Strat. Love them all !! :)

17. Frontman

Frontman Tele-Meister

Jul 10, 2014
    Tokyo
    I don't like to eat only with a fork, or only with a spoon, or to do without a knife. My different guitars are for doing different kinds of things.

I have gotten rid of my copies (though some were quite good), and low-end Fenders, or I wouldn't have room for the guitars I currently play.

18. Burn Yesterday

Burn Yesterday TDPRI Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Durham, NC, USA
    I'm probably keeping this last one but I'm going to cut a pickguard with neck and bridge pickups only, and the pickup switch will disappear to push-pull switches on the two remaining pots. That will eliminate the most annoying parts of it. Except the damn tremolo which everyone has to pay for and a small minority use.

19. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 16, 2014
    Auburn, California
    Nope. I've got two Teles (soon to be three) and two Strats. To me they're like apples and oranges. There are tones I can't get on my Tele that the Strat gets, and vice versa.

20. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    Middle pickup user here as well. You have good (if not the popular opinion) taste howlin'.....i do use quack on occasion though. Wonder why more strat cats don't see the beauty of that middle pickup?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.