Sol Philcox Instructional DVD is out!!!

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by Spidercaster, Jun 25, 2009.

1. ClaudeJohnson

ClaudeJohnson TDPRI Member

Kenneth, we sent you the links for the tabs... Please let me know if you have any other issues..thanks! Claude

2. Ormond

Ormond Tele-Afflicted

Send me the link too...I do not have my order number immediately available, but my order would have been done on a Visa. Lamb Advertising/Kevin Lamb. I bought both sets from you.
    kevland1@aol.com
    Thanks Claude.

3. ClaudeJohnson

Sent it over to you in a private mesage..Thanks for your patience... Not sure if anyone else is having a problem with guitarcontrolhelp.com , i didnt see an error but thanks for bringing it to my attention guys...

Rock on, Claude

4. Lucky Seven

Lucky Seven TDPRI Member

Yes, I still have ISSUES re: SOL PHILCOX TAB

Yes, I still have issues. I still cannot reach you through www.guitarcontrolhelp.com and I am still getting the same error message: PLEASE CHOOSE AN OPTION FOR "WHICH PRODUCT". No matter which product I choose, the message will not "send" and I get the above direction.

These DVDs are not cheap, but I am sure they would be worth the money once you are able to access the TABS. Please send me the tabs as an ATTACHED .pdf FILE.

Ken
    kennethberns@aol.com

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  5. bcbeak

bcbeak Tele-Meister

hmmm .. no tabs .. thats a deal breaker for me .. especially at that price.

6. ClaudeJohnson

Ken, I'm converting the powertabs to PDFs for you, now...Will send you them shortly...

Bcbeak, Yes, the course DOES come with tabs!!! They are downloadable...

7. LennyEdwards

LennyEdwards Tele-Meister

Claude, I was mailed a link with the tabs, which I downloaded, disc1.ptb, disc2.ptb, disc3.ptb 101licks.ptb, does that cover all 6 dvd's, also are the tabbed examples strict in comparison to the actual exercises, I have tried a few examples where what's tabbed is seemingly not what sol just played......

cheers

8. ClaudeJohnson

Ken, I just sent you version as pdf as requested...

9. ClaudeJohnson

Lenny,

I'm glad you got the tabs. The tabs should be fairly accurate as they were done by Sol himself. On some of the examples, I believe Sol plays a little more embellished and improvised, extended versions of the examples to show what's possible...The tabbed examples are simpler and designed for learning.

Perhaps Sol can chime in on this and maybe you can send him a private message on which example you're having trouble with it or doesn't seem to match the DVD.

Thanks, Claude

10. doublee

doublee Tele-Meister

Hmmm Redd's DVD mentioned in another post gets 4 replies and this feller gets 108....hmmmm......

11. Lucky Seven

Lucky Seven TDPRI Member

THANKS CLAUDE!!!

Thanks Claude!

Claude took care of the problems I had with the tabs. He really is concerned about keeping his customers happy. Well worth waiting for.

Will definitely buy from him again. In fact I already ordered METAL MAYHEM.

Ken

12. ClaudeJohnson

Lenny, I responded to you privately in this forum. Thanks, Claude

13. ClaudeJohnson

thanks Lucky!

14. Ormond

Ormond Tele-Afflicted

Sol tabbed the stuff out and did not tab the longer extended runs...however if you learn all the runs you will find that they are about 75% integrated into the things that are not tabbed out. This is not a Claude flurple.

15. Lucky Seven

Lucky Seven TDPRI Member

check out METAL MAYHEM

Just wanted to say how impressed I am with Claude's METAL MAYHEM dvds. If you have any interest in hard rock at all, CHECK THEM OUT.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

16. LennyEdwards

LennyEdwards Tele-Meister

Hi Claude,

I haven't received any PM from you. I started a few extra exercises and could see the parts incorporated from previous tabbed pieces. its OK.

in-laws finally left so now I can get a bit of peace to enjoy these DVD's :D

17. rmk_21

rmk_21 NEW MEMBER!

Att CLAUDE

I see that the dvds aren't availiable. when will they be back to order? and will they actually come with tabs? One more question, i read on the site that it comes with free shipping then on the order form it says 127 plus shipping and handeling (9.99). what is it? free shipping or not?

Jordan

18. AJ Love

AJ Love Friend of Leo's

Whats the status on these DVD's now? Available? Orders being filled? Long wait time? etc

thats a lot of dough to throw down and not know

19. ClaudeJohnson

20. jwayne

jwayne Tele-Holic

It's too bad they make Sol's website that they are selling his DVD on so ghetto. IMO the site looks like one of those sites you should not trust (Not saying it is).

When ever someone is pushing the next best thing since sliced bread I tend to get nervous and think it must be too good to be true. Honestly I was eagerly awaiting these DVD's but after reading all the hoopla on getting them I changed my mind. I would freak out if I paid over 100 bucks for instructional videos and not be able to get the complete set either via download or snail main (within 7 days).

I'm sure these are great vids but the way they are marketed and delivered has room for improvement.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.