Sol Philcox Instructional DVD is out!!!

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by Spidercaster, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Bob Bell

Bob Bell TDPRI Member Gold Supporter

I did receive the full amount for two sets of DVDs credited to my account with last night's processing, exactly 1 month from the day the order was placed.

Based on the general lack of communication, and the difficulty getting to a human being to discuss the problem, I feel fortunate that, in the end, I ended up with what I wanted, (minus the tab material) at the expected price, with the bonus of a month of frustration and $15 return shipping for two sets of DVDs I didn't order.

2. Jamesybaby

Jamesybaby Tele-Meister

Don't myself have the DVD's as they're kinda hard to get hold of in the UK, although the guy is an absolutely phenomenal guitarist and my band actually played with his old band a few times when he was living in Norfolk! He gives the Norfolk blues scene a good name, along with Oli Brown.

3. ADinNYC

ADinNYC Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I went to purchase the DVD's about a week ago and learned that they're no longer available until further notice. Anyone know what the story is?

4. Lucky Seven

Lucky Seven TDPRI Member

trying to find SOL PHICOX DVDs

If anyone has an "extra" set of Sol's CHICKEN PICKING DVDs, I would be glad to purchase it. Just send me a private message.

THANKS!!

Lucky

5. LennyEdwards

LennyEdwards Tele-Meister

I ordered them about 12 days ago or so.... then got an email telling me they were being shipped so they are not withdrawn yet as far as I know.

6. Lucky Seven

Lucky Seven TDPRI Member

I finally received WICKED CHICKEN PICKEN' CHOPS, but no tab and no link to tab. I have emailed them back with my problem, but as of yet, no response.

If anyone who has the tabs would take pity on me and email me a copy of the tabs, I would be eternally greatful.

email to KenBee@gmail.com

thanks!!!

Lucky

7. ClaudeJohnson

ClaudeJohnson TDPRI Member

Folks , Claude Johnson here.

First of all, a big THANK YOU to anyone who has bought the Sol DVDs.

Secondly, I wish to apologize to anyone who has had trouble communicating
    with us in the past.

I will be the first to admit that we have had our fair share of poor customer
    in the past and I've been working hard to constantly improve it. The fact
    is that we get literally hundreds of emails coming in on a daily basis and
    even with a full time staff, things have fallen through the cracks now
    and then.

For every complaint, we do have hundreds of satisfied customers, and
    we have recently set up a dedicated customer support website www.guitarcontrolhelp.com as well as expanded our staff to better serve
    the community and our customers.

If you ordered the DVDs and didn't get the link to the tabs,
    just drop us a quick note and we'll hook you up.

Thank you for your patience and your support of Sol Philcox.

Also, I would like to add a point about the advertising behind
    this product.

Maybe it sounds "cheesey" or over-the-top, but I am truly
    excited about Sol's playing and style. I really believe in
    communicating my passion, my excitement, ... for Sol
    or any other product I'm behind.

It's my job to make sure that excitement comes through
    in the words.

Rock on,

Claude

8. MondoGuitar

MondoGuitar Tele-Holic

Uh huh...

Here's the thing, you aren't getting hundreds of orders daily for Sol's DVDs, you're getting hundreds of emails. (probably mostly related to your poor service)

I don't believe that you have hundreds of happy customers for each complaint made about you but who cares anyhow -- I wish Sol the best (but I hope he has a better distributor next time) and I thank you for publishing his stuff, it was a good thing to do. Cheers Claude.

9. ClaudeJohnson

Yes we have sold hundreds of the Sol DVDs... And we do receive hundreds of emails on a variety of topics daily.

I do have proof of those hundreds of positive experiences but I'm not going to spam this forum with links back to our testimonial page, etc...

You can check out my blog or other websites, or even ask Sol what it was like to work with us if you have any doubts about our company.

I'm not here to have a debate. I'm simply acknowledging that we have made some mistakes in the past and we're constantly working to improve our systems.

Thanks for your patience.

10. JPW2105

JPW2105 Tele-Holic

Good on you Claude, it takes a brave man to come in here and put his hands up and say "we've made mistakes". I take my hat off to you.

Now, if I carry like this, about how great it all is, do I get a free copy..?? :D

Seriously though, we all love Sol's playing, thanks for making it more accessable for us.

11. LennyEdwards

LennyEdwards Tele-Meister

I got my Sol DVD's today, both the cases were damaged in shipping, however the DVD's themselves seem fine from what I have checked so far, looks like it could be a pretty good package, its certainly not cheap, but if its worth it in the long run, I'll be pretty happy.

Good to see the owners here and listening to points, I could live without a daily reminder of all the products on offer, the website(s) need redone to a more web standards and greter security based environment, but if there are more products such as Sol's stuff he does have some stuff worth buying.

12. ClaudeJohnson

Thanks for the feedback Lenny... I'm sorry that the cases seemed to have been damaged in the overseas shipping but glad the DVDs are ok. Thanks for your purchase - Claude

p.s. just a friendly reminder that if anyone has any customer service issues, we are here to help at www.guitarcontrolhelp.com

13. ADinNYC

ADinNYC Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

When will the DVDs be available for purchase again Claude?

14. Martinussen

Martinussen Tele-Holic

...and will they be enhanced with all the tabs? And if they're not for sale now, why doesn't it say so on the website?

15. ClaudeJohnson

We stopped advertising the DVDs to our in-house email list in order to re-stock
    an allow our affiliates a chance to promote this product...

We will make them publicly available in a few weeks... However, you can technically still buy them now if you wish. The lowest prices are currently on www.solchops.com

16. Ormond

Ormond Tele-Afflicted

Claude - I made an email request a couple days ago for the link to the tabs page. Lost mine in a hard drive crash. Are they still available online?

17. Lucky Seven

Lucky Seven TDPRI Member

CUSTOMER SERVICE LINK does not work

Re: Order Number: 20100112210036-164338

Claude,

I have been trying to get the tabs for WICKED CHICKEN PICKIN' CHOPS for 2 weeks The customer service link http://www.guitarcontrolhelp.com/
    does not work. When you press send you get an ERROR MESSAGE saying CHOOSE A PRODUCT, and no matter what product you choose, you just keep getting the same message.

I have also sent several emails to admin@guitarcontrol.com detailing my problem and have not yet gotten a response. The DVDs and SOL are GREAT but you really need the tabs to get the most out of them.

Claude, please respond ASAP. I want to order another set for a gift for my son, but want to make sure that the tabs are available and accessable.

Thanks,

Kenneth Berns
    kennethberns@aol.com

Re: Re: Order Number: 20100112210036-164338

18. Warren Pederson

Warren Pederson Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I watched some of the clips. To me they look pretty hard to work with. WAY beyond me. I think he's another example of a GREAT player that is maybe not so good as a teacher??

19. Ormond

Ormond Tele-Afflicted

This DVD is very, very difficult to work with if you do not have the TABS. Sol is young - he moves fast - and many of the runs are not played slowly enough to get without the tabs. No blame to Sol - he expected tabs would be available because he wrote them out.
    The DVD sets without the TABS are a deal breaker. They should have been printed and put in the DVD boxes. It will save Claude a ton of headaches if he does it this way on the re-issue. In Claude's defense one could say that the TABS online are in PowerTAb format (or TabView for Mac users) but I do not find PowerTab to be very important.

20. ClaudeJohnson

Thanks for bringing that error to my attention Kenneth... I'll check on that and make customer service takes care of you....

Yes you are right, printed tabs could be an upgrade, i will consider having these printed up. I do like powertab because you can see the rhythms as they are being played.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.