Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Social Distortion.

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by mnutz, Sep 25, 2017.

1. mnutz

mnutz Tele-Afflicted

2. Wallo Tweed

Wallo Tweed Tele-Afflicted

Dec 6, 2011
    Eastern PA, USofA
    There is a pretty good documentary from the early 80s called Another State of Mind. It features SD and Youth Brigade. It's interesting to see Mike Ness in his very early days.

Minimalist518 likes this.

3. mnutz

mnutz Tele-Afflicted

That was my introduction to Social Distortion! I saw it as a midwest teenager in the 80s. It was on late night cable TV and I was just blown away by it. I grew up in the middle of nowhere and when is saw that documentary I thought, "wow there are other people like me!"

Minimalist518 and Wallo Tweed like this.

4. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Friend of Leo's

Mar 29, 2007
    Manassas Park, VA
    Mike Ness and that gold top Les Paul we're just born to be together- perfect match!

mnutz likes this.

5. MonkeyJefferson

MonkeyJefferson Tele-Meister

Oct 26, 2010
    Nonurbana
    One of the worst live acts I ever saw!

6. mnutz

mnutz Tele-Afflicted

Wow, must've caught them on a bad night. I've seen them dozens of times and they almost always have fantastic sound with a great mix and clear vocals.

Minimalist518 likes this.

7. Minimalist518

Minimalist518 Tele-Holic

Mar 5, 2017
    Albany
    Loved that movie back in the day! I bought a copy on DVD at an SD show about 15 years ago.

Wallo Tweed and mnutz like this.

8. Minimalist518

Minimalist518 Tele-Holic

Mar 5, 2017
    Albany
    Agreed! And the audience is so much fun. The times I've seen them the age mix is middle age to young teens, some of them obviously family. It's great to see that kind of community and that the music is handed down through generations.

mnutz likes this.

9. MonkeyJefferson

MonkeyJefferson Tele-Meister

Oct 26, 2010
    Nonurbana
    I saw them with Sonic Youth and Neil Young in 90 (91?). Sonic Youth was great, and I wanted to like SD, but they just didn't light the match for me-admittedly, I was no big fan to begin with, but man, it was rough. Neil Young baked us all up a big Whoop-Arse Double Layer Crazy Horse Cake, so it was a good night.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.