Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

So What's Your Favourite Squier (include A Pic) And Why ???

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by ShadowChancer, Mar 17, 2016.

1. AngelDeville

AngelDeville Tele-Afflicted

Dec 27, 2007
    Albuquerque
    My sons guitar is still on layaway, but he has made his choice, and a good one at that...

[​IMG]

Lake Placid Blue likes this.

2. metale

metale Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Portugal
    Can't choose between these two:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AngelDeville likes this.

3. pannick

pannick NEW MEMBER!

Oct 5, 2007
    Gville, FL
    AngelDeville likes this.

4. cntry666

cntry666 Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2010
    decatur, ga
    These are all Squiers outfitted with GFS or Dragonfire pickups.

[​IMG]

AngelDeville likes this.

5. ssmtb

ssmtb Tele-Meister

Sep 25, 2016
    Boise
    image.jpg Do Squier Series count? Heres my '95 MIM strat. Bought it when I was 15, my first guitar, and still my only electric! I've been on a LP jr lust/kick phase lately though so it has a single bridge P90 pickup at the moment and I have no intention of swapping it back to the standard pickguard anytime soon. It just rocks so hard! Only changes besides that are graphite saddles and blocked trem.

I'll tell ya what though, this thread has me GASSING for a CV Tele or thi line tele. Played both at GC and they were pretty durn nice. I might pick up a cheapo used Affinity tele in the meantime.

AngelDeville and ebb soul like this.

6. ebb soul

ebb soul Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 7, 2016
    Smyrna georgia
    image.jpeg Why? It's illogical, like falling in love.
    Well perhaps I just want to jump it's bones..

2blue2 and AngelDeville like this.

7. metale

metale Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Portugal
    Forgot the "...and why???" part.

The J5 just feels amazing. I sold it at some point and later traded a Fender for the very same guitar. Sounds pretty good too, even stock.

The Strat, because it's a really cool guitar that I spent A LOT of money and time on. The pickups alone are worth way more than the base guitar :confused:

8. spiteface

spiteface Tele-Meister

Sep 29, 2009
    United Kingdom
    My VM '72 Thinline

[​IMG]

Apologies for the pic (I'm a rubbish photographer), but of the Squiers I own, this is my favourite. It covers the ground I'd want a tele to cover (to the point I'm probably going to part with my Baja soon to fund some other purchases), and more. It's light and resonant enough I can play it unplugged if I want to just fiddle about with it at home. The only problem I have with it, is that I couldn't get it in natural at the time. Maybe I should hit up Warmoth or something. It's a minor quibble, though.

Honorable mention to my J Mascis JM.

9. elelpe

elelpe Tele-Afflicted

May 1, 2008
    SEA
    I had two Squiers, Pro Tone Fat tele and Pro Tone thinline. Now I have only one Squier, Pro Tone thinline neck attached to Pro Tone Fat tele body. So, technically it's still a Squier, a Pro Tone and also a partcaster. It's a beater guitar. I have more expensive and beautiful guitars but this is my #1.
    [​IMG]

2blue2 likes this.

10. 2blue2

2blue2 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 20, 2013
    Island of Oahu
    This ones worked in very nice! Plays great. i've had it for almost 17 yrs.
    Made in USA Squires are pretty rare and i'm not sure of the date of manufacture but most likely 1989-90.
    I got it from Tokyo Joe ( Don Ho's banjo player) he got it from a local band called the Krush so its got real local music history. Its one kickass Squire for sure with just enough wear to be comfy.

IMG_20160601_125523738.jpg IMG_20160601_125535524.jpg

11. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Friend of Leo's

Jun 5, 2015
    Nashville
    Excluding the Japan stuff...

The most 'special' Squier I've played was a rather rare Crafted In India SSH almost Mason-style Tele. The maple neck just had some great contouring, seemed like rock hard lumber, the body was Indian Red Cedar which is basically Mahogany. Parts were cheap, but, hey, can't have it all. Those guitars are tanks.

Stock image:

[​IMG]

12. rotsap

rotsap TDPRI Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Canada
    Thanks! I am partial to the lighter pearloids for some reason. I even ordered my Godin Custom Passion with one. (my profile pic)

Lake Placid Blue likes this.

13. rich815

rich815 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

There was used one of these at a local Guitar Center last weekend. Only $250. Nice price for a decent CV with all the return privileges GC offers...

It was all I could do to get out of the store without it. I already have three tele's and an ESP, and more pedals than I need too. Got to limit myself somewhere! But a nice classic blonde will be in my collection some day...

14. teletwangster

teletwangster TDPRI Member

Aug 10, 2014
    South Africa
    Not just favorite Squier, my favorite guitar. 1990 Japanese Squier Silver Series
    [​IMG]

clking61 and AngelDeville like this.

15. Slidertom

Slidertom Tele-Meister

Jul 16, 2014
    So-Cal
    That is a BEAUTY! I can see why it is your favorite.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    clking61 likes this.

16. AngelDeville

AngelDeville Tele-Afflicted

Dec 27, 2007
    Albuquerque
    Here is the whole famn damily...

[​IMG]

nicod98 likes this.

17. MonkeyJefferson

MonkeyJefferson Tele-Meister

Oct 26, 2010
    Nonurbana
    I had one, loved the neck, loved the neck mini hb, but it was the most unbelievably heavy dog of a guitar ever. Like cement. I couldn't bond with it, though I regret it's loss now....

18. richiek65

richiek65 Tele-Holic

I have one too..I've upgraded the pickups and soon it's getting a Bigsby.. gonna be a weapon!

19. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 8, 2007
    Norfolk UK
    Without doubt the Joe Trohman tele.I bought it very cheaply on a great deal and then stupidly sold it to buy a Squier CV strat which while good didnt float my boat..Wish I had kept .No pics sadly

20. Florida Sam

Florida Sam TDPRI Member

Mar 20, 2003
    There's not a thing I don't love about this guitar.
    20161227_163059-01.jpeg

AngelDeville, richiek65 and Asmith like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.