Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

So What's Your Favourite Squier (include A Pic) And Why ???

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by ShadowChancer, Mar 17, 2016.

1. ShadowChancer

ShadowChancer Tele-Holic

Apr 14, 2012
    Central Scotland

2. Toronto Tele

Toronto Tele Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2016
    Toronto, Canada
    image.jpeg image.jpeg I only have one Squier at the moment but it's a beauty. The CV50 just feels great in my hands and I love how the thing resonates. That maple neck and pine body seem to have a real synergy. The grain on mine follows the round edge of the black guard and is something I've never seen before. This one's a keeper! I often play it unplugged or with a Vox amplug while on the couch. Terrific guitar for not a lot of money.

El Tele Lobo and Chicago Matt like this.

3. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    I've owned mostly USA, MIJ and MIM fenders, mainly MIM classic series in the last 15 years. But i HAVE had about 10 squiers all the way back to the MIJ squiers of the late 80's. This is my fav to date, a CVC limited edition. Why? Because it simply embodies all the things i love about fender tone. Rosewood board fenders always get closest to my ideal fender tone and this one gets about as close as any, plays great, Is literally built as well as any fender I've owned, and lastly.....well, look at it !

I've had fenders that sound as good and maybe a little better in some ways. But this one just ticks all the boxes tonally all at once so I'm extremely happy with it. However, it IS modded quite a bit but i don't let that influence my n0tion that this is my fav squier because i mod every fender or squier i get about the same. I could truly be happy with this one guitar if i couldn't have any others. In fact, for many years i WAS a one guitar man and did countless gigs like that, and most of them were no better than this if AS good.

[​IMG]

4. tele-bastard

tele-bastard Friend of Leo's

Mar 27, 2011
    Lowell, Mass
    I reach for this tele mostly because of its beauty and the workmanship of the neck which beat the hell out of any of my American or Mexican teles. I'm a Believer now just picked up a Squier bass for $99 this week too. Great Value there as well. I love my CVC. ;)

Attached Files:

5. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    In the past 5-6 years, my guitars have shifted from mostly Fender to mostly Squier--as I've sold Fenders that I didn't play much, but held onto Squiers, since they wouldn't bring the money that would make it worth not having them around.

On my list of faves: Bass VI, 72 Thinline, 2 Jay Mascis Jazzmasters (one with a maple neck I swapped onto it), and an odd and somewhat rare but not necessarily desirable Squier V2 (I think). Only one I've ever seen otherwise was being played by Pat Smear at Dave Grohl's 46th birthday gig. (White with reverse headstock)

[​IMG]

But my fave is my first year Tele Thinline Classic Vibe.

It looks like all the others...

tele-bastard likes this.

6. crossroader

crossroader Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Sep 24, 2004
    Endicott, NY
    I only own one Squier, so it's my favorite. :cool:
    It's my J5 Squier Tele.
    I had sold a Les Paul after realizing I'm just not a LP kinda guy - love the sound but they just don't feel right to me.
    So I wanted a double-humbucker "rock guitar" and went shopping. I'm a sucker for double-bound Tele's and the J5 in a local shop caught my eye. Picked it up and thought, "Dang, this thing is heavy." But the LP I had sold was a beast too, so it didn't feel that bad. I plugged it in....and knew I'd be taking it home. LOVED the tones - and that hasn't stopped.
    I did re-wire it for Volume-Tone (it comes stock as a 2xVolume set up), reversed the plate to put the volume knob closer (all my other Tele's have the reversed plate), and replaced the mirror-chrome pickguard with a black & silver paisley guard.

This one is in my regular rotation, now. Great tones and way cool looking (IMO)!!

Me and my J5:
    JPT-J5-2012.jpg

7. pdcorlis

pdcorlis Tele-Meister

My favorite Squier is my only Squier:
    [​IMG]
    Squier Affinity - I used to be a real snob and thought Teles were primitive, ugly, and some sort of throwback. Then I played one. Now it's my favorite guitar - bar none.

a220, TRex13, chemobrainkid and 3 others like this.

8. hippychip

hippychip TDPRI Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Florida
    Favorite, and only Squier---my 2009 BSB Affinity---had planned to upgrade everything, but the only thing I have changed so far is the selector switch that was cutting out---sweet guitar for $100![​IMG]

9. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Friend of Leo's

Aug 14, 2004
    Stratford, Ontario
    It's not one you'll see rolling of the line, but my Squier nocaster. Just got an inspiration one day and gradually changed almost everything about it. It was a 2014 Affinity. Looked like the one pdcorlis has above, but mine was black with white guard, originally. About the only parts of that left are the neck and body, and even they were modified a bit, to accept vintage style hardware. Upgraded pots and switch, '50 Broadcaster style wiring, homebuilt pickups, Tusq nut.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016

10. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Wisconsin
    I bought this Old Boy for $50. It was dirty and rusty, covered with stickers, bridge was missing its saddles, no Tremolo bar. I added new tuning keys. Did a little fret work. Cleaned it up and set it up. It is one of my favorites. There is an interesting history behind these Black Label Strats...Diamonds in the Rough. :cool:

DSCN0244[1].JPG DSCN0245[1].JPG

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016

11. surfoverb

surfoverb Doctor of Teleocity

Jul 17, 2007
    Virginia
    not sure if this counts but heres my Squier GE Smith Esquire
    very limited run of 1.

[​IMG]

12. bchaffin72

Aug 14, 2004
    Stratford, Ontario
    Not a bad job at all! Those Squier Series Fenders definitely had the potential. Just glad to see that you got one back in service.

FenderGyrl likes this.

13. Peter Rarebit

Peter Rarebit Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2016
    Baltimore, MD
    [​IMG]

My Cabronita. This is when I started to really get into telecasters.

14. acoustic rob

acoustic rob Tele-Holic

Oct 27, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Not just my favorite Squier, but my favorite (and only) electric guitar.

I9fKFvUl[1].jpg

Nothing too fancy--a Squier CVC with a Tonerider Hot Classic bridge pickup, compensated brass saddles, and an Electrosocket jack mount. I like to say nothing's really mine until I've taken it apart and futzed with it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016

15. telecastertodd

telecastertodd Tele-Meister

Dec 9, 2015
    Out West
    Squire '72. I haven't modded it yet and the more I play, the more I wonder why I should.

[​IMG]

TMMC, Oberhaz and Peter Rarebit like this.

16. bchaffin72

Aug 14, 2004
    Stratford, Ontario
    Well, if it does the job for you, just like it is........................there's absolutely no reason you should.:)

17. SynMike

SynMike Tele-Meister

Mar 22, 2013
    Vancouver BC
    My classic vibe stock other than replacement pick guard. It's my favorite Squier based first on the beautiful look. Then the build quality is great. It feels great in my hands.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    Toronto Tele and Oberhaz like this.

18. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2009
    St. George, UT
    Squier J. Mascis Jazzmaster:

[​IMG]

WHY? Have you played one? Whew! Great neck: profile and fret size are dead-on. Great sounding pups. I love the switching options, though I don't play in the rhythm circuit too much. This is my #1!!!

19. Telecastertodd - same guitar with a bit of flair. (like the decal almost as much as I like the guitar, well maybe not).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016

20. marsh99

marsh99 Tele-Afflicted

May 3, 2011
    London, England
    I have several Squier teles but I think my vote goes to the Bigsby Cabronita. It's not perfect, but it is quite an original model and for me it perfectly captures the tele meets Gretsch hybrid idea. Also, it's not available in the Fender range and it's now discontinued, so this one gets my 'favourite' vote.

I really like my CVC but it's not as unique as the Bigsby cab. Here's mine

1 (220b).JPG

El Tele Lobo and Oberhaz like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.