Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

So what's going on in Kingma's shop...?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by jkingma, Jan 17, 2013.

1. crazydave911

crazydave911 Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 23, 2010
    East Tennessee
    Not witty when I'm hungry and in a hurry :lol:

2. Bentley

Bentley Friend of Leo's

Jul 25, 2012
    Kelowna B.C, Canada
    Woah.. I don't think a lot of people were quite aware of that! :eek:

3. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    When you registered on the forum you had to click on a little box where it says you have read and understand all the rules. So everyone should know. ;)

4. nosmo

nosmo Friend of Leo's

Jan 31, 2012
    Lake Jackson, TX
    Well, I feel like a dumba$$. I did not know that rule - and I should have. Fortunately, or unfortunately, I don't have any commissions, but I know quite a few of the threads I follow are being built for other people.

Thanks for bringing this up. I hope everyone will see this and proceed appropriately. It seems to me even if you are building a commission and you don't mention that, you should be OK.

I'm not sure what the intent of the administrators would be here, other than to keep you from promoting your business and getting free advertising. Which is fine. If you're operating a business advertising should be figured into your budget.

On the other hand, it is inspiring to see folks that build for a hobby get a commission once in a while. Kind of gives you the feeling one day you might be able to sell one :lol:

The rules are the rules. This is a great forum. A lot of that has to do with the way they set it up and the rules we all have to follow.

5. RogerC

RogerC Poster Extraordinaire Vendor Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Oklamerica
    Yeah. By the time I started getting commissions, it had been a long time since I read the rules, so it never entered my mind. Paul let me know that one of my threads was severely edited while another was completely removed, which I understand. No hard feelings on my part. Rules is Rules.

6. jkingma

Admin Post
    Well things have been a bit slow around here lately but I have managed to get a bit of work done on the SG.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. JCJCJC

JCJCJC Tele-Holic

Mar 12, 2010
    Ireland - mid-west
    Smithwicks? Could you not get Guinness?

8. jkingma

Admin Post
    I'm saving the Guinness for tomorrow. ;o)

9. lookslikemeband

lookslikemeband Tele-Holic

Apr 10, 2011
    CO - again
    Interesting way of doing that headstock angle.... Is there another thread somewhere or tutorial on how that's done?

10. Bentley

Bentley Friend of Leo's

Jul 25, 2012
    Kelowna B.C, Canada
    Is the SG going to be a solid finish or transparent? That look like a scarfed neck joint, isn't it?

11. jkingma

12. metecem

metecem Friend of Leo's

Ever!

13. JCJCJC

JCJCJC Tele-Holic

Mar 12, 2010
    Ireland - mid-west
    St Patrick's Day in my house..

If you're in the neighbourhood John, drop by...and leave that can of Guinness at home...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013

14. crazydave911

Feb 23, 2010
    East Tennessee
    Ahhh, I love traditional refreshments :D. I'm hoping to get "across the big pond" in the next year or so...............Ireland will be a stop ;)

Just wondering John, I know your building other things ATM, but I just got restarted on my Longhorn and thought of you. I was wondering, when you do get around to it, what kind of construction method are you going with? I did a solid-body for many reasons, the long heavy neck of a Bass VI being one. I understand if your going traditional, but it occurred to me with that wood stash you have, nobody on the planet could make a better looking solid body of it than you ;). I was just curious :D

15. JCJCJC

JCJCJC Tele-Holic

Mar 12, 2010
    Ireland - mid-west
    Those two bottles will be well gone Dave, but do drop in...FB friend request sent.

JC

16. crazydave911

Feb 23, 2010
    East Tennessee

17. jkingma

Admin Post
    Thanks... when I saw that Bushmills I almost bought a plane ticket... ;)

18. jkingma

Admin Post
    Not sure yet Dave. I've built a few Dano style guitars over the years... some have been solid and some have been closer to actually Dano construction. I like both ways for different reasons. I'll have to mull it over a bit, but in all likelyhood I will go solid... or maybe slightly chambered.

19. jkingma

Admin Post
    The SG is looking more like a guitar every day... even though it's been too cold to spend much time out in the shop. That cold concrete floor sure plays havoc on the feet and knees.

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.