Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

So what's going on in Kingma's shop...?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by jkingma, Jan 17, 2013.

1. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Cleaning the shop last night and found this...

IMG-20161204-01198.jpg

CraigB, Mbechmann and guitarbuilder like this.

2. TRexF16

TRexF16 Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2011
    Tucson
    I'm going to clean up my shop one of these days...

You got me looking forward to all the things I'll find.

Rex

3. Barncaster

Barncaster Poster Extraordinaire

Like the tool you lost twice and bought three times...... don't ask me how I know this.

I_build_my_own likes this.

4. jkingma

Admin Post
    Just scrolled through this thread for the first time in 6 or 7 months. Gee, Photobucket sure put the screws to a lot of us, didn't they?? The first 25 pages are pretty much useless.

Nothing new to report... just venting about PB...

:mad:

guitarbuilder, Rich Rice and Mat UK like this.

5. Rich Rice

Rich Rice Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 15, 2005
    Chicago 'Burbs
    That's an understatement. Wiped me off hundreds of posts/threads across several forums, many years of information gone.. I'm SO GLAD I've been paying them for years.

guitarbuilder likes this.

6. jkingma

Admin Post
    I've looked at a lot of my threads on this and other forums and 75% or more of my photos are gone. Everything prior to the last update on the TDPRI forum software is gone. Since then I have been loading photos directly to the forum instead of using a photo hosting site.

Barncaster and Rich Rice like this.

7. TRexF16

TRexF16 Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2011
    Tucson
    Along those lines, hat's off to the technical folks who added the direct upload feature to the forum interface. But what are the limits on that? I have noticed that when making posts that are pic-heavy, it tends to max out the upload per post at about five pics. Is it a file size limit, and if so what is it? And just per post?

And as we use this option more and more exclusively now, is there any danger of us maxing out the capacity on our threads or the forum. I know these are Neanderthal-level questions but I am not a techie WRT computer or internet issues.

Regards,
    Rex

8. jkingma

Admin Post
    I've been on hiatus from guitar building for a couple years. In the meantime I've taken on a couple furniture projects. I'm just about done this credenza. Once I get it out of the shop I gotta clean the place up thoroughly and then get started on another guitar or two.

credenza.jpg

9. jkingma

Admin Post
    I have a rosewood back and side set that I was going to use for an acoustic some day, but after a couple attempts at acoustics I've decided they aren't really my thing right now. Anyway this set has started to crack so I've decided to use it for a cap on an electric body. It has a nice strip of sapwood running up the middle and will look great. I will have enough left to do a matching headplate. I just haven't decided what looks better... having the sapwood run along the edge of a 6 in Line headstock or through the middle of a 3x3 headstock...

6iL.jpg

3x3.jpg

Barncaster, CraigB and Mat UK like this.

10. Mat UK

Mat UK Tele-Afflicted

Feb 17, 2009
    London, UK
    The 6-inline looks great, I'd love to see that on a guitar!

11. Jdelys

Jdelys Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Missoula, Montana
    Is the credenza made from white oak? It looks great.

12. jkingma

Admin Post
    It's red oak with a white pickling stain. this picture was taken after the first light coat. i think i put 3 or 4 coats on it.

EDIT - actually, no that pic was taken before any stain was applied. it IS red oak though...

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.