Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

So what's going on in Kingma's shop...?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by jkingma, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Barncaster

Barncaster Poster Extraordinaire

Oh Herb,

That couldn't be................... in preparation for...................... possibly...................... maybe...................... wait a minute................
    NOW................ THE TDPRI 2013 BUILD CHALLENGE................. could it? ;-)

Rob

2. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Hey Roger, did you cut and paste that from one of my postings from last year?

:p

3. adirondak5

adirondak5 Wood Hoarder Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY
    One never knows :)

4. crazydave911

crazydave911 Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 23, 2010
    East Tennessee
    :lol:

5. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

great looking neck. i love any fretboard with figure. plane old rose wood, or ebony,maple, heck even flame maple is sorta boring to me. id enjoy a so called flawed piece of ebony that had strips and what not through out. but thats just me. (after playing a polymer fretboard, man it made me think wood fretboard was obsolete i loved it. just add some wood figure to the plastic make up no one would ever know but the owner. yeah im the odd ball ) keep up the good work.
    chris.

6. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Friend of Leo's

Jan 7, 2011
    Washington, USA
    They make beautiful boards don't they? I walked into the hardwood importer near me a few months ago, and they had a whole pallet of Cocobolo that they had bought for a steal and they were offerring it for $12 a board foot. I picked up enough to make about 80 fretboards. Whole thing cost me just a little over $200, it came to about $2.80 per fretboard:D Slotted my first one just the other day and found out that I'm really allergic to it. :( Broke out in hives and welts wherever the dust touched me.

7. jkingma

Admin Post
    Cocobolo makes me itchy. No hives, but REALLY itchy. As soon as I'm done cutting or sanding a fretboard I go straight to the shower.

8. lookslikemeband

lookslikemeband Tele-Holic

Apr 10, 2011
    CO - again
    I'm sure you know that Cocobolo is a sensitizer and once you start having a reaction to it, it'll get worse and worse over time.

I only use it now when I have to (even though I love it) and I'm like you.... get right into the shower!

9. jkingma

Admin Post
    Fretboad has been epoxied to the neck. Wait, did I put the truss rod in there? Yeah... but on a project a few years ago I forgot to... until I saw the rod sitting there on the bench the next morning. What a PITA that was.

[​IMG]

10. old_picker

old_picker Tele-Afflicted

ha! that is how i find things - if i really want to find a lost tool i go out and buy another one and within 5 minutes of the new item being in the workshop the lost item turns up out of nowhere - never fails

11. Bentley

Bentley Friend of Leo's

Jul 25, 2012
    Kelowna B.C, Canada
    Did you charge him for a new neck?

12. jkingma

Admin Post
    Who said I'm getting paid?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013

13. jkingma

Admin Post
    Got something to start on this weekend if it warms up a bit. Pretty chilly in the shop right now.

[​IMG]

14. jkingma

Admin Post
    What could this be ??

[​IMG]

15. Barncaster

Barncaster Poster Extraordinaire

16. newtwanger

newtwanger Blackguardian. Ad Free + Supporter

Feb 11, 2007
    Quebec, Canada
    I just have no expectation of me not f-ing up those SG carves. No sir, you can have this one.

17. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

That box could hold a lot of cans of green beans.

18. newtwanger

newtwanger Blackguardian. Ad Free + Supporter

Feb 11, 2007
    Quebec, Canada
    A Saga SG guitar kit? :D

19. jkingma

Admin Post
    Hey good guess. :D

20. kwerk

kwerk Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 22, 2010
    New Zealand
    I was gonna say a prebuilt SG, but your answer was better. :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.