So... I left my band

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by DannyStereo, Jun 6, 2016.

1. DonM

DonM Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I lived two years in the Phoenix area (Tempe) and loved it. Good luck with the sale of the house and move.

2. DonM

DonM Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

No; 101 degrees at 11 at night. Can't beat the winters though. I'm originally from Pittsburgh and hate the cold and snow.

DannyStereo likes this.
  3. David_Maas

David_Maas Tele-Meister

You should listen to Ignite's record "A Place Called Home", it deals with a lot of the issues you mentioned (though I don't think they fly a Christian flag, but that shouldn't matter). Good luck with the move, and remember the times you shared with your bandmates ;)

Edit: love the Tele :D

4. DannyStereo

DannyStereo Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah what Don said... 98 degrees at 2 am most of the summer. But that means my wife and I can go out on a date in shorts! I wonder if she thinks Cargo is date attire...

David, I will definitely give them a listen. Never heard of them but I love checking out new stuff.

And thanks! I love my Tele too. About a month ago I paired down my collection quite a bit to three guitars and three amps. A 72 Reissue like this one was my main guitar for about 8 years of gigging. It's one of my first 'loves' and I just keep coming back to it. That and a Les Paul.

5. DrASATele

DrASATele Poster Extraordinaire

Dude, I feel your pain. from the other side of that fence. A very good JR. Highschool friend recently (ok. 5 years ago) came back into things and we've been playing regularly since. He had to "go on a leave of absence" because his new job is in New Jersey. It kind of sucks being an Adult Musician the whole "Life Responsibility" thing really isn't band friendly.
    It's tough for both sides, especially if there's a connection beyond the music. Hang in there.

DannyStereo likes this.
  6. David_Maas

David_Maas Tele-Meister

Might be a bit rough on the ears at first, unless you're into that kind of thing (like I am), but the themes and lyrics by them selves are great even if you don't like the music.

Did you add the Bigsby yourself? What kind of bridge have you got on there? Cheers!

7. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Well, it's best to go out walking when it's cooler in the evening in Phoenix.

[​IMG]

william tele likes this.
  8. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

One thing about living in Phoenix, it's pretty easy to make breakfast just about anywhere.

[​IMG]

9. DannyStereo

Hey no I had a friend add the Bigsby and it's one of these -Callaham Hardtail Bridge

David_Maas likes this.
  10. David_Maas

David_Maas Tele-Meister

Looks awesome!

DannyStereo likes this.
  11. flyingnorth

flyingnorth Tele-Meister

Seattle Tacoma...Don Rich....

John Owen likes this.
  12. Tele-beeb

Tele-beeb Friend of Leo's

I'm a little late to the party. I admire your decisiveness.
    I quit just about every Sunday, my wife talks me back from the ledge.
    Lost three dudes... count em' 3. I am shaking my head at the band I am left with.
    I play for the practice. As one of my former band mates recited, "the thrill is gone."
    Sometimes I overplay just because.

13. DannyStereo

Thanks for everything fellas.

A little update - we hit the road July 27th, provided all goes well. I've been offered a job as a Foster Parent Licenser with a private agency in Phoenix. Close enough to the money I make with Washington State and a lot less stress, so I took it. I start August 1st!

DarkKnight37, src9000 and fendertx like this.
  14. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

Wishing you all the best Danny!

15. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Me too.
    The girl focal point and the boy focal point couldn't stop squabbling about who should be the focal point.
    The drummer and I opted out of the fight.
    The key player sided with the guy.
    The drummer and I wanted to stay friends with everyone.
    It kept going on and on and on.
    I couldn't make it stop.
    I'm too old for this.
    So I quit.
    No name calling, no finger pointing, no martyrdom, no more!
    o_O:eek::(

william tele likes this.
  16. DannyStereo

Good for you. I've only been in a band with a female once... When we (all dudes) politely asked her to leave (she was supposed to be lead vocals, but would get so nervous she would whisper at the mic during a gig), things got really weird. We all liked her, but she just had too much nerves for the stage.

Other than that, I tend to play with mostly dudes, save the ladies at church who sing backup for me. And this weekend a friend of ours is back from college and she's gonna rock them drums for me!

brookdalebill and src9000 like this.
  17. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Good luck with the heat in Phoenix!

It used to cool nicely at night, back in the 1970s and surely before, but the place is huge - I don't find it cools enough, fast enough anymore.

If you don't mind racking up some miles, there's real high elevation to the North (Flagstaff, and a tall high ridge area called "Mogollon") you could retreat to to camp, etc.

18. DannyStereo

Yeah my wife tells me Camping in Flagstaff is a good time. We'll have to set that up!

19. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

I didn't set out to do it this way, but I bypassed Arizona both on the way out to CA and on the way back. I camped 2 nights in New Mexico, one each in Colorado, Utah, Nevada and California.

Part of the problem is the Concessionaires have taken over most of the organized camping in AZ and most of the BLM/dispersed camping in AZ is at too low an elevation (except for Winter). I much prefer something that's high and remote, just a tiny patch of level ground and a sanitary system for human waste within walking distance. With something like Oowah Lake in real high country in SE Utah for five bucks a night or Porvenir a hour or so East of Santa Fe for $ 8, why would I want to spend $ 25 and listen to nearby "campers" watching TV inside an RV?

We're talking about this heat wave. Not where I camped. Some nights, even frost.

20. macatt

macatt Tele-Holic

double post

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.