Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

snowbirds in arizona

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by toshtele, Oct 23, 2012.

1. toshtele

toshtele TDPRI Member

I'm 18 unlike most 18 year olds I'm not rude or disrespectful to the more experienced crowd but when I'm in walmart or any other store and you stop and state at me and make a point of it and make sure I see you starting at me and giving me dirty looks you make it hard not to want to be rude any one else hate snowbirds I'm az (snowbird are all the canadians or old puerile who come down I'm winter cause it's too cold where where they are from)

2. toshtele

toshtele TDPRI Member

I'm 18 unlike most 18 year olds I'm not rude or disrespectful to the more experienced crowd but when I'm in walmart or any other store and you stop and stare at me and make a point of it and make sure I see you starting at me and giving me dirty looks you make it hard not to want to be rude any one else hate snowbirds In az (snowbird are all the canadians or old people who come down I'm winter cause it's too cold where where they are from)

3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied

Mitch, I think you should avoid WalMarts altogether.

Wealthy "Snowbirds", fun "Snowbirds" are a great boost to your economy, but they don't shop a WalMart. If you wanna meet people who will make your day better, not worse, just don't go to that place of business.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. stxrus

stxrus Tele-Afflicted

anyplace that has warm winters has snowbirds. typically the are older, have money, & can afford to live the lifestyle they want to.

i make good money off of snowbirds.

what are doing to warrant these savage attacks on yourself?

6. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

You almost had me lost at "WalMart", but 35 years ago I used to live in Arizona, now if I went there I guess I'd be regarded as a snowbird. Funny how perceptions change.

Anyway, what sort of a freak are you that these folks are staring at you?

7. Kennedycaster

Kennedycaster Tele-Afflicted

Wal-Mart in Apache Junction......There's your problem. You gotta live here to get the joke. Let's just say Apache Junction has a reputation for allot of trailer parks & old, junked out cars on blocks in front yards. No offense to the OP.:mrgreen:

Bob

8. ThreePlyGuy

ThreePlyGuy Friend of Leo's

Interesting fourth post Tosh, guess that makes me an old snowbird though I just left my home in Arizona for my home in California. How was your Wally shopping otherwise? Oh and welcome.

9. speedingjet

speedingjet Tele-Meister

Most Canadians are rather used to seeing freaky types. Generally speaking, neighborhoods are more diverse than what I've experienced in the states (demographic shifts are more readily apparent as one drives along).

Perhaps is it our flagrant and puerile use of commas and periods that gets your goat?

10. stratomite

stratomite Tele-Meister

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  11. McGlamRock

McGlamRock Tele-Afflicted

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  12. Maricopa

Maricopa Friend of Leo's

but when I'm in walmart or any other store and you stop and state at me and make a point of it

Tosh you might start checking www.peopleofwalmart.com to see if anyone 'familiar' pops up. ;)

13. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Doctor of Teleocity

Translated, for those who couldn't understand it.

"I'm 18. Unlike most 18 year olds, I'm not rude or disrespectful to the more experienced crowd. But when I'm in WalMart (or any other store) and you stop and stare at me and make a point of it, and make sure I see you staring at me and giving me dirty looks, you make it hard not to want to be rude. Any one else hate snowbirds? I'm in AZ. (Snowbirds are all the Canadians or old puerile who come down in winter cause it's too cold where where they are from.)"

14. ROADMAN

ROADMAN Poster Extraordinaire

thanks TGT..... Speaking as a sometimes snowbird who donates to the American economy...I try not to stare or disrespect anyone if I'm granted the same courtesy....though it can be difficult at times...:eek:

[​IMG]

15. Shepherd

Shepherd Friend of Leo's

Actually that is really cool. At least it's not permanent.

16. ROADMAN

ROADMAN Poster Extraordinaire

agreed.....and particularly if your hobby is Herpetology

17. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Friend of Leo's

I think that he should stay in the nursery section and away from the intermess until he learns to use punctuation and can post without doubling it. :p:p

18. emu!

emu! Poster Extraordinaire

OK...puerile...that's a new word for me. Googled it, and I get the definition.

But then again, somehow, that word just doesn't fit in that post:confused:

19. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Doctor of Teleocity

I was just looking at that.

As a youth-to-adult translator (seriously), I have never come across that word. But from the context clues, I think he means "people".

20. emu!

emu! Poster Extraordinaire

Maybe English is not his first language?

21. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

I would guess that most people who have studied Latin probably know this word, as puer is Latin for boy and puerilis means childlike.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.