Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Sneezing licks

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Larry F, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Nov 5, 2006
    Iowa City, IA
    For years, when I sneezed, it was always three in number. Always. When I was stricken with Guillain-Barre and paralyzed for two months, after that I would sneeze twice and only twice. Now, I'm into another pattern, way more complicated. It consists of two elements: the sneeze itself, and also a kind of reverse sneeze in which I inhale air instead of exhale. The pattern is exactly the same every time, I think. I haven't transcribed it, but I will next time. There are about 5 out-sneezes and 2-3 in-sneezes. Never in my life would I have imagined that my sneezes would adhere to a set pattern, but, well, there ya go.

2. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    Past one I lose count. I never thought to consider it was systematic. Guess that is what researchers do huh? Promise you didn't keep track of the other end.

Use to have a guy in a office across from me. He would start drawing air, several huge breaths without a release. When it came you felt like going under the desk it was so loud. I'm mostly a sneeze suppressor. My wife is another let it all out sneezer.

3. Carlsson

Carlsson Tele-Holic

Aug 17, 2012
    Sweden
    Maybe I'm a disturbed individual, but I actually laughed out loud reading this (both posts above). I see an entertaining thread unfolding.

BTW, I've been known to scare people when I sneeze.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Doctor of Teleocity

Apr 28, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Two sneezes.. about 10 seconds apart.. every-single-time. Been that way for years and years.

And the time between the sneezes is not "down time".... it is a process of slowly but methodically drawing in enough air to fuel that 2nd sneeze. I can't talk or otherwise communicate during those 10 seconds, except to give a single hand gesture, the "number 1 sign... index finger in the air", which should be interpreted by all as "Just a second, I have to sneeze again."

6. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Doctor of Teleocity

Apr 28, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    I know a lady whose sneeze is more along the lines of blurting out the word
    "at-chu", than an actual sneeze. I've asked her, "Are you sneezing, or just saying "at-chu" really loud?"

7. Justinvs

Justinvs Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 31, 2008
    Wise River, Montana
    I think your nose is sending you a coded message.

8. Mjark

Mjark Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    I'm a serial sneezer but there's no pattern.

9. Dave Hicks

Dave Hicks Tele-Afflicted

I just try not to bark my chin on the table.

D.H.

10. xMercury69x

xMercury69x Friend of Leo's

Nov 9, 2012
    Toronto
    This thread is worthless without tabs/transcriptions

Also, gesundheit.

11. emu!

emu! Poster Extraordinaire

Thought this was gonna be about playing the guitar so effervescently well that one could actually make the audience sneeze.

12. Jamie Black

Jamie Black Friend of Leo's

I have allergies and it's not often but when I get rolling I can go 10, 20, even 30 sneezes and shred a few tissues in the process.

13. Slow Reflexes

Slow Reflexes Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 17, 2007
    Willamette and Columbia
    My wife's sisters do that, but without the blurt. There's just this tiny, squeaky, pinched sounding "ut... tew!." I half expect their eyeballs to pop out since the pressure isn't being relieved anywhere else.

Drives me nuts. Don't say it, spray it!!

14. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Nov 5, 2006
    Iowa City, IA
    My dad, who was a regular working man, had the daintiest little "chiou". My mom would just honk it out there, like a bari sax.

15. Lawson

Lawson Tele-Meister

Dec 19, 2011
    Norway
    Mother of threads...

16. raito

raito Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2010
    Madison, WI
    Ah yes! The ever-elusive 'green note'.

17. I'm amazed at people who can make those quiet sneezes. Mine is as loud as a shout. I can't dial it down.

18. teleup

teleup Tele-Holic

Apr 22, 2010
    between Milwaukee and Chicago
    I can knock walls down when I sneeze, usually a series of 3 (I cover my mouth;))

19. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    That oughta loosen your toe jam.

20. bendecaster

bendecaster Friend of Leo's

Aug 1, 2007
    maine
    I used to try to hold them back. I'd pinch my nose with my fingers and try to keep my mouth closed.... My mom saw me and said, Don't do that. Let it out. Do you want to blow your brains out of your ears. I've let 'em rip since hearing that.

21. Jamie Black

Jamie Black Friend of Leo's

Now that was the funniest thing I've read so far today. :lol: Well that and the toe-jam comment.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.