After routing the perimeter, I hogged out the pickup and control cavities and the neck pocket with a forstner bit. Then routed with the template reattached. I don't have any pics of most of that but I used the same template as I had shown above for the pickup and control cavities. I used a template I made for my previous tele for the neck pocket. I also rounded over the edges with an 1/8" round over bit. I drilled for the pick up wiring with a long 3/16 drill bit I believe. I then drilled the string through holes and counter bored the back for the ferrules. I don't remember if fender used the kind of ferrules with a lip on them requiring a second counterbore back in the old days. I used the kind that are 3/8 diameter all the way down for ease of drilling. Looking at these pics I see that I drilled the hole for the jack at some point as well.